On-Air drop when switching from Keynote back to Proclaim

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Adam Wright | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 13 2015 2:40 PM

We use Keynote for the sermon section.  SO we leave Proclaim sitting on a black slide so when we switch you see no transition in-between programs.  For the last 3 weeks, when we switch from Keynote to Proclaim, it says it is still On-Air but it is showing the screen wallpaper and we have to turn it off-air and then back On-air to get it back and going.    ???

Posts 5480
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2015 12:27 AM

Hi Adam

I don't have an answer to your specific question.

But I can tell you that when I use Keynote in the middle of a Presentation I have Keynote sitting in a second 'space'.

The transition isn't instant but coming 'Off Air' and 'three finger flicking' to the adjacent space is pretty slick.

On the whole Keynote handles not being the centre of attention much better than Proclaim.

Actually if Proclaim went 'off air' automatically when Keynote was being used it would almost make integrating Keynote superfluous.

Just a thought that might offer an alternative.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 3
Adam Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2015 7:20 AM

This has always worked for us until 3 weeks ago (not sure if there was an update that came out around then that caused the issue or what).  

But here is our process that we normally use.  We run Proclaim for the entire service except for our sermon (because of transitions and ease of creation)  So when we get to the sermon time.  We have a Black slide in Proclaim that will just sit there.  In the mean time we have keynote open on a second desktop, so we swipe over to the second desktop and hit play.  When we do that keynote takes over and Proclaim has always sat in the background on that Black screen.  When our Keynote presentation has finished, it leaves it’s presentation mode which puts Proclaim back in control, we swipe back to the first desktop and we take off with Proclaim again.   Now the issue is that when Keynote leaves presentation mode, it shows that Proclaim is still on air but isn’t showing anything.  It is showing the computers background picture.  So we have to turn Proclaim off air and then back on air and then it is ok.  
Posts 773
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2015 9:24 AM

Hey Adam, we did make a change to how the output works. The output window is now a fullscreen window, taking up an entire 'space'. Keynote moves you off Proclaim's output space when in takes over, leaving you with the desktop. You can get back to the output space by using Mission Control.

I see that this doesn't fit very well with your workflow though. One thing to try would be, going to System Preferences -> Mission Control, and turning off 'Displays Have Separate Spaces'.

Unchecking this box will allow Proclaim to act as it is used to and should fix your issue. If you have anymore issues or this is not an adequate solution, please let us know.

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 5480
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 15 2015 12:13 AM

Jordan Sjodin:
Hey Adam, we did make a change to how the output works. The output window is now a fullscreen window, taking up an entire 'space'. Keynote moves you off Proclaim's output space when in takes over, leaving you with the desktop. You can get back to the output space by using Mission Control.

Well Jordan – Given the teams decided sidelining of Keynote Users I am really grateful for this 'heads up' in advance of Sunday.

Being a journeyman preacher I do not build services for every Sunday but have come to be reliant on Proclaim working more or less as expected.

This change would have been decidedly unexpected. Please will the team please devote some time to getting facilities for Keynote incorporated?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS