[request] Please Support Hebrew (actually)!

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1970
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 15 2015 10:21 AM

Eli Evans:

Sorry, Reuben. This is still in "idea" stage, and may stay there for a long time.

You can always tell what's coming in the next stable release by looking at the beta release notes. Since adopting a six-week release schedule, we have tended to stabilize the list of new features for incremental releases right around the second or third beta for each release. We're scheduled to ship 6.4 beta 1 soon, and what you see in that first beta (and definitely by the second or third) will be what's going in 6.4 stable. 

By which I mean: You don't need to keep asking, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" Wink

It really wasn't a question! Smile

I was simply following MJ's (I think) recommendation to use "nagging" rather than what was perceived by some as bombardment. My thought was that if I asked the question each(!!??!!) release cycle it would serve to prevent it being forgotten. Big Smile 

I'll try not to post it too often that it get's annoying. Wink Next time you see it you can just reply with "I saw this" or something like that if you want! 

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 15 2015 10:59 AM

Sounds good, thanks!

Posts 468
BKMitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 23 2015 5:17 AM

Eli Evans:
If your query includes the marks you want to search, they will be matched with the specified sensitivity. Just add [match accents] to your query and it should work.

Does that mean that we can now search for:

(1) every occurrence of the Mereka accent in the Tanakh?

(2) every verse in the Tanakh where the Mereka accent is immediately followed by a Pashta?

(3) every verse in the Tanakh where a Pashta precedes Yetiv?

(4) particular trope clauses like for example if we wanted to common variations of the Ethnachta Clause?

חַפְּשׂוּ בַּתּוֹרָה הֵיטֵב וְאַל תִּסְתַּמְּכוּ עַל דְּבָרַי

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 23 2015 11:14 AM

BKMitchell:

Sorry, no. The [match accents] search modifier will make it so that any cantillations you've typed on a given word will be matched. It doesn't imply pattern matching against any word, as you've described. We'll have to pursue other features to accomplish that task.

Posts 468
BKMitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 23 2015 3:40 PM

Thanks for the speed reply! Look forward to hearing any new developments in the future.Smile

חַפְּשׂוּ בַּתּוֹרָה הֵיטֵב וְאַל תִּסְתַּמְּכוּ עַל דְּבָרַי

Posts 1970
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2015 4:29 AM

Has this issue been forgotten?Wink

Posts 1970
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2015 4:08 AM

Bump - Eli

(2 Peter 3:1)

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2015 9:53 AM

I just don't have anything new to report.

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 8 2017 12:08 PM

bumpage

Posts 1273
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 8 2017 2:18 PM

BKMitchell:

Eli Evans:
If your query includes the marks you want to search, they will be matched with the specified sensitivity. Just add [match accents] to your query and it should work.

(1) every occurrence of the Mereka accent in the Tanakh?

(2) every verse in the Tanakh where the Mereka accent is immediately followed by a Pashta?

(3) every verse in the Tanakh where a Pashta precedes Yetiv?

(4) particular trope clauses like for example if we wanted to common variations of the Ethnachta Clause?

David Paul, I believe the above items (and other searches like them) are now supported with the Lexham Hebrew Bible: Cantillation Analysis dataset and resources. They are presently available for Logos Now members; I'm unsure if they will be available for individual purchase at a future date.

I don't think every sort of search mentioned in this thread is fully supported, but the mixing of accent/cantillation and other data (morph, lemma, etc.) is supported much better than it was though the syntax search database. (I understand accents/cantillations are not directly syntactic, but this was the best available method to implement searchability and visualize the data).

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 8 2017 7:53 PM

Go to know...thanks!

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS