Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 19 2015 1:15 AM

Has something changed in how the tooltips at the bottom of the page (with lemma, morphology and gloss) are triggered?

I am no longer seeing them when accessing Logos remotely through Splashtop on my iPad. I am effectively clicking on words rather than hovering over them, but until recently the tooltip did appear when doing this. If I go into a mode where I am moving a cursor, the tooltips still appear, but not when simply clicking/tapping on a word.

It seems likely that this will also affect people using Logos on touchscreen Windows devices.

Posts 26532
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 19 2015 7:22 PM

You are using the Windows 6.3 beta version? Do you see the tooltips when directly in Windows? Has you updated Splashtop recently?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 19 2015 10:04 PM

There has been no very recent update to Splashtop. But I haven't used Logos that much in the past few weeks, so it is possible it relates to an earlier Splashtop update.

It works fine directly in Windows (non-touchscreen).

It is a question of whether a click (or screen tap) without first moving the cursor should trigger a tooltip. Of course, after the click, the cursor is left hovering over the word, so I kind of expect a tooltip.

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 19 2015 10:08 PM

I am on the latest beta.

Posts 26532
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 4:06 PM

Jonathan Pitts:
It is a question of whether a click (or screen tap) without first moving the cursor should trigger a tooltip.

This depends on the iPad/Splashtop interface. Nothing has changed in the Windows UI.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS