Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4
david medlin | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 20 2015 10:00 AM

I am a seminary student and I have an assignment to compile background information on each of the NT book. I have not found anything in Logos that is helpful. I looked in factbook but that did not help. If anyone has an idea I would appreciate it.

David Medlin

Posts 913
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 10:04 AM

Can you give some information on the resources you have?

Posts 4
david medlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 10:07 AM

Sorry. I really don't understand what you are asking. I have Logos 6

Posts 3683
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 10:12 AM

Logos 6 is the tool used to read resources - what books, journals, etc., do you own - have you purchased a base package?

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 86
J David Shuttleworth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 10:12 AM

Which base package do you have, what books are in your library?  This would help others to identify which books would be helpful. God bless!!

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 10:15 AM

david medlin:

I am a seminary student and I have an assignment to compile background information on each of the NT book. I have not found anything in Logos that is helpful. I looked in factbook but that did not help. If anyone has an idea I would appreciate it.

David Medlin

Never mind which base package you have.  A decent NT Introduction should have the information you need.  I believe they offer at least 1 in Logos.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 4
david medlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 10:18 AM

I have the diamond package

Posts 28290
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 12:32 PM
  1. Under tools open Factbook
  2. Enter the name of the Book of the Bible
  3. It will open with selections that you have in your library from which you may select

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4848
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 2:05 PM

You have plenty in Logos to gather from, but often Wikipedia is quicker.

Posts 225
Alex Bui | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 2:27 PM

At the beginning of intermediate or technical commentaries, there are valuable introduction and background information for each book of NT.

Posts 18857
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 2:44 PM

What sort of background info do you need to compile on each NT book? I'm guessing it's some combination of: authorship, date of composition, provenance (place it was written), recipients, occasion of writing, purpose.

Any book with the words "New Testament" and "Survey" in its title should probably provide you what you need. In Diamond you have The New Testament: Its Background and Message which has this sort of info for each book. You also have An Introduction to the New Testament by David deSilva which has background info for each book.

Posts 4
david medlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 5:51 PM

I want to thank each of you for your help

Posts 3115
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 6:43 PM

David Paul:

You have plenty in Logos to gather from, but often Wikipedia is quicker.

Wikipedia is good for finding sources, though most institutions frown upon or disallow Wikipedia.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 21 2015 7:38 PM

Rosie Perera:
Any book with the words "New Testament" and "Survey" in its title should probably provide you what you need.

Can filter library for resource titles using:

title:(survey,message,introduction) title:testament

Opening The New Testament: Its Background and Message found some Chapter text so searched Heading Text and Large Text for more articles/chapters with same phrases:

"Political History", "Four Gospels", "Life of Paul"

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS