Suggestion: Biblical Interpretation Series from Brill publisher

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 21 2015 7:05 AM

I want to characterise this as a journal, but it does actually appear to fit its own description of "monographs, collections of essays and works of reference".  There seem to be about 135 volumes in the series so far, and they look to be produced by a range of academics.  They'd benefit hugely from Logos tagging, and Faithlife already seems to have a relationship with Brill...

http://www.brill.com/publications/biblical-interpretation-series

Posts 3644
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 2 2015 3:59 AM

It looks like an impressive series of monographs. Hopefully, it could be subdivided topically (e.g., "gospels") and available as individual volumes if and when it makes it in the Logos format. I find, for my part, that I am less likely to buy large collections of monographs because there are many of them out there on all kinds of topics, and I don't have time to read or use collections that are too widespread. However, when one needs to dig into specific topics, having access to studies that are so focused is very helpful indeed.

Posts 4744
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 2 2015 5:22 AM

A whole series of books by Brill? Hmmm, I guess I need to start making a list of the banks I need to rob to pay for it. Roll Eyes

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 2 2015 6:39 PM

David Paul:

A whole series of books by Brill? Hmmm, I guess I need to start making a list of the banks I need to rob to pay for it. Roll Eyes

Ha! I'm glad that some others picked this up as was beginning to feel my suggestions were all falling on deaf ears. I can only hope that publishing a collection could perhaps make the work a bit less expensive...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS