NIV Application Commentaries

Page 2 of 6 (107 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 106 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 2386
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 10:41 AM

Anyone know how long this deal will last?

Posts 705
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 10:42 AM

DAL:

Ps. This better not be a mistake because I'm not giving them back LOL

I don't think it is a mistake because I see the same price at several of the competition's sites (though those sites are taking the discount off of the entire bundled OT/NT sets).

Posts 1865
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 10:54 AM

Awesome deal. Buy now, think later.

Posts 28129
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 10:59 AM

mike:

The Holy Spirit (my wife) won't let me. Wink

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 6890
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 11:02 AM

alabama24:

mike:

The Holy Spirit (my wife) won't let me. Wink

You mean your thorn in the flesh won't let...LOL

DAL

Posts 1004
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 11:21 AM

They all seem to go through at $7.99 no matter what the price says initially, just keep going back to the cart and they eventually fall.

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 12:02 PM

DAL:

Yes Eric I got this deal today.  As soon as I saw that there was a sale I went and checked and found that all the volumes were $7.99 and took the plunge.  not bad for all the New Testament and Old Testament volumes that are available so far. Again great super deal thank you Logos and Zondervan for putting this sale together!

DAL

Ps. This better not be a mistake because I'm not giving them back LOL

Amazing!  I've very excited for everyone.  I've benefitted greatly from this series over the years in both hard copy, Pradis and Logos.  I am consoling myself on the price by telling myself that I've benefitted spiritually and academically for years and I can't put a value on that. Smile

Posts 523
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 1:24 PM

Thank you soooo much!!!! All of them are discounted open them separately. 

Posts 9128
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 2:18 PM

This is quite a deal. I picked up four I didn't have. Many thanks to Zondervan and Faithlife!

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 13386
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 2:43 PM

Erik:
I paid $785 a year ago.  I'm simultaneously happy for everyone that's getting this deal and disappointed that I paid too much apparently.  I guess I need to adopt and stick to a rule that I won't ever buy anything again that isn't at least 50% discounted.

The problem is that you never know what's going to be discounted in the future. It's very rare to get this kind of deal, and if you stuck to that rule, you'll miss out on a lot. (FWIW, I already had all 42 volumes, so missed out on the bargain, too.)

Posts 1042
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 2:46 PM

Great deal for those who don't have them. Does anyone know why when I search like this none of these show up until the third page. Shouldn't they be the first volumes listed?

https://www.logos.com/products/search?Publisher=Zondervan&start=0&sort=savings&pageSize=60

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 3:42 PM

Mark Barnes:

Erik:
I paid $785 a year ago.  I'm simultaneously happy for everyone that's getting this deal and disappointed that I paid too much apparently.  I guess I need to adopt and stick to a rule that I won't ever buy anything again that isn't at least 50% discounted.

The problem is that you never know what's going to be discounted in the future. It's very rare to get this kind of deal, and if you stuck to that rule, you'll miss out on a lot. (FWIW, I already had all 42 volumes, so missed out on the bargain, too.)

I hear you Mark.  I've been able to get in on some good deals in the past that more than make up for the difference I paid for NIVAC.  Too bad this couldn't have been a deal on the EBC rev. Smile

Posts 453
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 3:53 PM

This is great to hear for a lot of people. I already picked up the worthwhile volumes in the 2.99 Kindle sales they did in the last year so I won't be grabbing anything else.

This series varies widely in quality so it's in your best interest to check the commentary surveys (OT, NT) to find out which volumes you actually want. Those two books have saved me a lot of money and pointed me to excellent resources I wouldn't have otherwise seen.

Posts 482
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 4:13 PM

just picked up the whole set also.. great find..

Posts 97
Earl Sheneman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 4:15 PM

I had one volume already but picked up everything else. Looked like too good a deal to pass up!

Posts 670
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 5:08 PM

Here's another option to check out the ratings of the individual volumes for those who may not want the entire set.

http://bestcommentaries.com/topseries/

Dave Moser:

This is great to hear for a lot of people. I already picked up the worthwhile volumes in the 2.99 Kindle sales they did in the last year so I won't be grabbing anything else.

This series varies widely in quality so it's in your best interest to check the commentary surveys (OT, NT) to find out which volumes you actually want. Those two books have saved me a lot of money and pointed me to excellent resources I wouldn't have otherwise seen.

Posts 194
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 5:50 PM

Based on Best Commentaries I have Exodus, Ezekiel, Ecclesiastes, and 2 Peter/Jude in my cart.  Any other volumes highly recommended?  I'm having a tough time finding reviews that go through each book.

I have NICOT/NICNT, NAC, Pillars, NIGTC, and the Tyndale set if that matters.  Some of the BECNT and WBC volumes are also on my radar, but I'm not pulling the trigger until they go on sale.

Posts 2169
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 6:08 PM

It never hurts to give Logos a call.  Sometimes....sometimes they will very pleasantly surprise you with the "sale" they will offer.  

Posts 194
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 6:13 PM

Gao Lu:

It never hurts to give Logos a call.  Sometimes....sometimes they will very pleasantly surprise you with the "sale" they will offer.  

I already tried that route.  They weren't willing to budge on BECNT or WBC.  Sad

I did however get NICOT/NICNT and TOTC/TNTC for a very nice discount.

Posts 627
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 6:38 PM

Thanks for pointing out this sale. I picked up Deuteronomy and Job.

Page 2 of 6 (107 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS