NIV Application Commentaries

Page 5 of 6 (107 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 106 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1071
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2015 2:45 PM

Alan Ang:
For those living outside the United States, especially in a different continent/hemisphere, such customers will be disadvantaged with making costly phone calls.  Any better ways to resolve this ?

I use Skype as I have set up credit on Skype (no expiry time) and phone one of the international numbers on https://www.logos.com/contact . It cost me GBP 1.8 p (about 3 cents) a minute. You obviously need a reliable internet connection that does not die every few mins.

As has been suggested you can email as well.

Posts 5002
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2015 8:12 PM

Alan Ang:
For those living outside the United States, especially in a different continent/hemisphere, such customers will be disadvantaged with making costly phone calls.  Any better ways to resolve this ?

If you go to any product page, on the right side you should see a green box.

If you click in it, it should open up a chat screen with a salesperson. That will allow you to handle everything over the internet, if that is a cheaper available option for you.

Posts 1502
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 1 2015 1:13 AM

Mark, thank you for the NIVAC sample.  And Erik, thank you for the additional suggestions.  There are a few volumes from some of the more technical commentary sets I've been hoping to pick up on sale, but sometimes when I'm engaged on the technical level I can tend to lose sight of the forest for the trees and then realize my head has maybe been so engaged I've been neglecting my heart.  I know that's my own fault, but  I think the NIVAC series may provide a nice balance in that regard.

I revisited all the individual NIVAC resources and added 6 more.  With the 12 I had just purchased, plus the Romans volume I already had, that brings me to a total of 19.  At this sale price, I'd love to get the whole set, but these will make a nice selective addition to my library while still leaving some cash in the piggy-bank in case the other volumes I'd like to have from the more technical commentary sets go on sale.

I'm very grateful for the NIVAC sale.  Thank you Paul, for bringing it to our attention.

Posts 2401
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 1 2015 5:23 AM

A lot of expensive collections are being released (CS Lewis, NIVAC, Journal libraries and who knows what else is yet to come). I can't get them all - at least I've got a week to think about this one.

Posts 155
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 1 2015 8:54 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

I'm very grateful for the NIVAC sale.  Thank you Paul, for bringing it to our attention.

I picked up 20 individual NIVAC resources.  Exactly my sentiments - very grateful for the NIVAC sale.  Indeed much thankful to Paul (OP) for the alert to the sale.

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 2 2015 3:58 AM

This is not a deal breaker ... I've had these on my radar for a while) ... they do not seem to be able to be used on Mobile Devices (but they can be sent to Kindle) ... is that as it should be?

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 1799
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 2 2015 4:06 AM

Martin Folley:
they do not seem to be able to be used on Mobile Devices (but they can be sent to Kindle) ... is that as it should be?

They are showing up on my iPad.

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 2 2015 5:18 AM

Hmmm ... On the desktop, both the library info panel and the resource's own info panel shows the devices section complete with Send to Kindle ... but they are not listing my mobile devices. Other resources are showing my two iOS devices as normal.

Turning to my iPad. the 5 NIVAC commentaries that I already are showing as downloaded on my pad when I look for them using my pad ... but then searching NIVAC in my pad's library (whilst online) only shows those 5 commentaries ... not the new ones ... normally I would expect to see almost my entire library whilst online.

Restarting my pad now shows them as Downloadable Big Smile ... Restarting the desktop app does not make the devices appear Hmm ... I will restart my mac ... see if that works ... otherwise download them manually directly onto my pad.

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 2 2015 5:27 AM

Restarting my mac and then L6 has triggered the arrival of the missing devices Big Smile

I wonder if this is a Beta issue ... what with the new method of installing resources ... for some reason L4 onwards has always insisted on loading Logos at startup ... or maybe it is simply a timing issue except that it had been a couple of hours since local indexing finished.

Posts 13411
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 2 2015 5:45 AM

Martin Folley:
I wonder if this is a Beta issue ... what with the new method of installing resources ...

I've got a theory about why this might be happening. I've posted it in the beta forum with a link back to this post.

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 2 2015 5:52 AM

Thank you

Posts 105
Ruben Sandoval | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 2 2015 2:24 PM

Man...wish I woulda held out for a while. I got most of the NIVAC for just under $5 a piece via Amazon/Kindle, so they're all on that platform. 

Sad I missed havin em on L6, but still got a good deal via Amazon/Kindle.

Posts 75
Bryce Hufford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 4 2015 11:17 AM

First off, I am just a layperson with a very modest Logos collection.  I had never even heard of the NIVAC, but after reading about this sale I bought three of the top rated volumes (Exodous, 2Pet/Jude, Ezekiel) using my Logos birthday credit.  After reading through the intro and first two sections covering 2 Pet, I am thrilled with this commentary.   As a layperson, I really appreciate the format of the commentary and the emphasis on application to God's word.  I realize that I am using one of the highest rated volumes as my test case, but I am strongly considering buying the entire collection now.  

I highly reccomend picking up at least one volume to try it if you aren't familiar with the series.  

Posts 1502
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 5 2015 7:51 AM

Here's a list of the NIVACs I've purchased so far.  I know this sale ends soon.  If you have any volumes not included in my list below that you would highly recommend considering, please share which one(s).  A one-liner as to what you liked about it/them would be nice, but not necessary.

Thanks!

Genesis
Exodus
1 & 2 Samuel
Esther
Psalms Vol. 1
Proverbs
Ecclesiastes/Song of Songs
Isaiah
Ezekiel
Daniel
Hosea/Amos/Micah
Jonah/Nahum/Habakkuk
Haggai/Zechariah
Romans
1 Corinthians
Ephesians
Colossians/Philemon
Hebrews
Revelation

Posts 155
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 5 2015 8:38 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

......  If you have any volumes not included in my list below that you would highly recommend considering, please share which one(s).  A one-liner as to what you liked about it/them would be nice, but not necessary.

Thanks!

2 Peter/Jude  .... ranked quite highly (#2) by http://bestcommentaries.com/2-peter-jude/  (I got this !!)

2 Corinthians  ... perhaps for sake of completeness to complement 1 Corinthians  (in the same breath, I may just pick this up)

Posts 78
Rob | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 5 2015 10:29 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

Here's a list of the NIVACs I've purchased so far.  I know this sale ends soon.  If you have any volumes not included in my list below that you would highly recommend considering, please share which one(s).  A one-liner as to what you liked about it/them would be nice, but not necessary.

I haven't read through the entire series yet but two of my favourites so far are Deuteronomy and Galatians. Neither rank very highly on the Best Commentary site but I find  their perspectives to be very interesting and thought provoking.

The most disappointing so far to me has been the Psalms volume. 

Posts 1383
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 5 2015 12:09 PM

Having started this thread, I suspect there are only 4 more days to decide what you want. I believe the offers on the NIVAC finish 9th May.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 5 2015 12:28 PM

Scored the entire set for $335.58. This sat on my wishlist over $900 for a very long time. This deal was to big to pass up.

Posts 7623
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 5 2015 3:08 PM

My advice to those who are still hesitating is: Get it! and if you don't like it return it, but as it is right now the price is cheaper for the entire old and New Testament set than just the New Testament alone at regular price. Don't pass up this great opportunity you will regret it -- heck, even those who bought it more expensive before the sale regret not waiting a little bit longer for such a great deal to come along.  Sale ends May 9th!

DAL

Posts 2401
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 5 2015 3:35 PM

You'll all be happy to know that I've talked my wife into letting me get the commentaries - of course that's all in my mind.  Now I just have to actually talk to her about it.

Page 5 of 6 (107 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS