[resolved] Highlighting Multiple Bibles

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Dan Morris | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 27 2015 1:38 PM

Is it possible to highlight a passage in one Bible and have the highlighting appear in my other Bibles as well?

Posts 17881
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 27 2015 1:53 PM

Hi Dan - and welcome to the forums

Dan Morris:

Is it possible to highlight a passage in one Bible and have the highlighting appear in my other Bibles as well?

No - sorry but this isn't possible.

It would be difficult for the software to work out how to manage highlighting across different translations where different words are used and where different versification schemes may be in place.

Graham 

Posts 24480
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 27 2015 2:32 PM

Hi Dan and welcome! Smile

Just to add a very little to Graham's comments: "Notes" in Logos can be attached two ways: by "selection" and by "reference." Notes by reference appear in any and all "versified" resources. Notes by "selection" appear only at the text you select. By definition, highlights are "by selection," that is to say you "select" the text you want to highlight... from paragraphs, sentences, phrases, words or even single characters. If Faithlife had highlights by "reference," they would appear in any and all versified resources. Imagine pages and pages of highlighted text in a commentary! Also, if highlights were "by reference," you would not be able to select words or phrases... you would have to highlight entire verses at a time. Some users have suggested creating highlights attached to lemmas. That could work for resources with reverse interlinear associated with them, but when you highlight 5 words in a row in one translation, you might have five highlighted words separated in another... after all there IS a reason there are multiple translations and translators aren't obliged to place words in the same order... in fact they often don't. Wink

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 4
Dan Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 27 2015 7:32 PM

Thanks for the quick and detailed explanations. I wish it was possible, but (I think) I understand why it can't happen. I love Logos anyway. :)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 19 2017 6:52 AM

alabama24:
... Some users have suggested creating highlights attached to lemmas. That could work for resources with reverse interlinear associated with them, but when you highlight 5 words in a row in one translation, you might have five highlighted words separated in another... after all there IS a reason there are multiple translations and translators aren't obliged to place words in the same order... in fact they often don't. Wink

About eight months after alabama24's reply, the Logos 7 forum had => New Feature: Corresponding Notes and Highlights (Feature)

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.