Doing a search on two words

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
Allen T. Gutierrez | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 28 2015 9:47 AM

How would I go about doing a story on humility and how it relates to God's glory?

Thanks, 

Allen

Posts 21846
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 28 2015 9:50 AM

HI Allen - and welcome to the forums

Allen T. Gutierrez:
How would I go about doing a story on humility and how it relates to God's glory?

If you could provide a bit more detail as to exactly what you are trying to achieve that could help us to help you more.

For now, I get 14 hits when I search against humility - so few enough to examine each one and see if they help in your study

But I don't think I have really understood your question - please post back with more details.

Graham

Posts 8
Allen T. Gutierrez | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 28 2015 10:11 AM

Hi Graham, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I guess what I am asking is how I would go about doing a search for two words; humility and glory, more specifically God's glory.

Thanks, 

Allen

Posts 21846
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 28 2015 12:42 PM

Allen T. Gutierrez:
I guess what I am asking is how I would go about doing a search for two words; humility and glory, more specifically God's glory.

To search for two words - within the same verse - you just specify both words in the search box. For example

But if you do that for your two words you get no hits - the example at the bottom is using the sense of "divine glory" as opposed to simply the word glory.

Zero hits show that there are no verses which have both of those words in this translation. A Bible search is constrained to verse boundaries.

If you change to a Basic Search and search on a Bible - here the search is constrained to chapters - you get results where a chapter contains the word humility and glory - I don't know if that will help

If any of this doesn't make sense please post back and we can explain further.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 7:53 AM

Allen T. Gutierrez:

Reviving old thread with Bible search example:

(<Sense humility> OR <Sense to fall (humility)>) INTERSECTS {Section <PreachingTheme Glory>}

Also can search for articles that have humble OR humility (in article title/text) after God OR Glory (in article title):

([field heading,largetext,surface] humble,humility) AFTER 88 WORDS ([field heading,largetext] God,glory)

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS