Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 60
Tim Deahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 25 2010 6:01 PM | Locked

Since I try to keep up with news via the Forums as well as via Wiki, I was wondering: how does one go about becoming a beta user--and is it recommended for someone willing to forego technical support (which is what I understand to be a downside of the beta version)?  I like to be able to keep up with the latest changes/updates. Having to wait for an indeterminate amount of time for new features (and many are sorely needed in L4) is a constant source of frustration.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 6:17 PM | Locked

The information is here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/8883.aspx

There is a special installer link to upgrade to the beta, run it and you're beta testing!

Posts 60
Tim Deahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 6:51 PM | Locked

Thanks (but it sounds rather ominous--and threatening).

Posts 3667
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 9:54 PM | Locked

Tim Deahl:

True, but that's the legalese to ensure it's at OUR own risk...

Most of us haven't found the risk to be TOO great to (normally) prevent us from doing what we need to do. There HAVE been a few problems, but none that I'm aware of that went beyond someone's Logos installation.

That said, if you don't have a high tolerance for technical issues (or like many of us, even enjoy solving them), you may wish to demur... otherwise, welcome!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 7:28 AM | Locked

Tim Deahl:

Yeah, it does; nothing has lived up to the warning thought. I've had a few crashes, but nothing to made me lose work. The weirdest thing happened in the 4.0a beta where all of my documents briefly lost their names, but they were restored. Also I had some sync problems with preferred resources. It wasn't too bad.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 10:27 AM | Locked

With the proper back-up and time to restore available...there is NO computer problem that's a worry Big Smile

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS