Best book on Evolution and Creation?

Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 47 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 3007
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 7 2015 2:44 PM

David Paul:

Jan Krohn:

David Paul:

waste time on a subject He didn't give any command to examine.

He neither commanded to use Bible software, and still it's worthwhile.

Really?? You equate using a tool to do what He said to do with engaging in a practice purportedly related to Him but upon which He never spoke?

Your equivalency detector needs some tuning.

It seems to me that discussions of the merits of studying things like the origins of the universe both likely belongs at ChristianDiscourse and does not belong here.

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 8 2015 7:05 AM

I do not own this but it looks interesting https://www.logos.com/product/4055/day-one-creation-and-science-collection 

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 89
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2015 12:30 AM

I sat in John Lennox's class on Science and Religion last year and found it very helpful.  He is a mathemetician and apologist and so draws on a lot of experts in their fields in what he writes when out of his own area of expertise.  Very thoughtful, gracious and clear.

https://www.logos.com/product/26715/seven-days-that-divide-the-world-the-beginning-according-to-genesis-and-science

http://www.amazon.com/Gods-Undertaker-Has-Science-Buried/dp/0745953034

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2015 12:41 AM

I took a class on Science & Belief from the Copernicans to the Creationists taught by Mark Noll and David Livingstone. The main textbook for the class was this:

Science and Religion: Some Historical Perspectives by John Hedley Brooke (Cambridge University Press, 2014) - this is a newer edition than the one I have in print

Not available in Logos/Vyrso, but the Kindle price is a bargain for this scholarly work of 576 pages. Less than 1/2 the paperback price.

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2015 6:37 AM

I have the "Day One Creation ..." collection, and the "Reasons to Believe etc" (Hugh Ross and others) collections, and a few other assorted titles in Logos. Sadly I've not read so very much of any of them for some time, so hard to give any real feedback on their merits and positions.

Like all such matters: if its pressing on your mind and keeps you awake, read a range of books and authors on both "sides" and play them off. Don't just read a single author and consider the job done. That never works for me.

I still don't always know how to get my faith and my science to play nice at times, but I trust God knows how it all works out, so that gets me by even when I know I don't know!

Regards,

Jim.

(P.S. If you have a few specific questions, I'm happy to see what of those titles I have might address it and give you some comments. What I wont do is start any wars here. I have no interest in that and will walk away if one breaks out.)

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2015 8:22 AM

Consider making a new Collection and put the following in the rule:

mytag:Creation OR tag:Creation OR tag:Science OR tag:Creationism OR tag:Evolution

The "mytag" is where I have set that in the "My Tags" field for any title. The "tag" is I think picking up what others have done. It seems to work anyway. I'm getting about 100 titles including all those from the "Day One ..." and "Reasons to Believe" etc collections as above.

Of course you only see what you actually have in your library, and not all will be a good fit to the original post.

Then of course there is the many Commentaries you might have for Genesis. Some will try and address the various viewpoints around the early creation. Lots of discussions on what "Bara" and "Ex Nihilo" means and so on ... 

I think if I was to only read my 100 books and all Gen 1 Commentaries, its going to take about as long as since Creation to now. That's either 6,000 years or 13.5 Billion. I wont be sure until I finish reading Tongue Tied

Posts 962
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 15 2015 12:15 PM

JimTowler:
I think if I was to only read my 100 books and all Gen 1 Commentaries, its going to take about as long as since Creation to now. That's either 6,000 years or 13.5 Billion. I wont be sure until I finish reading Tongue Tied
   Love it!!!

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 17 2015 3:40 AM

Here is another one that might be on interest. https://www.logos.com/product/30992/faith-reason-and-earth-history-2nd-ed 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS