Question: Will the new "beta" app in Logos Now work on a Chromebook?

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 106
Mark Martin | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 8 2015 5:51 AM

Does anyone know if the new "beta" app in Logos Now work on a Chromebook?

Thanks in advance for your response...

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 8 2015 6:30 AM

Yes, it will work on any modern browser (including Chromebooks, Linux-based PCs, etc.). It's far from finished yet, though, so there's not much functionality at the moment.

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 8 2015 8:06 AM

But it has been said Passage Guide is coming soon!

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 8 2015 8:21 AM

It works fine on a Chromebook (I have a Toshiba Chromebook 2).  There isn't much in the app now but biblia,com, bible.faithlife, and Library.logos.com also work fine.

Posts 1805
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 8 2015 12:49 PM

Mark Martin:

Does anyone know if the new "beta" app in Logos Now work on a Chromebook?

Chromebook (and Linux) users are one of our main target audiences for the Logos web app.

Posts 117
Richard Kingston | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 11 2015 8:07 AM

Excellent. Logos Now works well on my ChromeBox - as you would expect any "web site" to do. The functionality seems no different from Biblia.com for faithlife.com, but there are indications that additional functionality is coming soon. Now, the question is whether $8.99 per month is worth the cost. 

Posts 117
Richard Kingston | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 8:04 AM

Take a look at the following thread. Google has started modifying Android apps to run in Chrome OS. These are not ports, but the actual apps themselves. Perhaps this is a better solution than Logos Now for Chrome OS users?

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/105132/726968.aspx#726968

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 8:33 AM

Richard Kingston:

Take a look at the following thread. Google has started modifying Android apps to run in Chrome OS. These are not ports, but the actual apps themselves. Perhaps this is a better solution than Logos Now for Chrome OS users?

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/105132/726968.aspx#726968

For now yes, in the future I doubt it.

How to upload logs

Posts 27446
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 8:56 AM

David Taylor Jr:

To clarify just a little... The current mobile app has more features than the web app, but the web app is supposed to have more features than the mobile app ever will. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 10:24 AM

alabama24:

David Taylor Jr:

To clarify just a little... The current mobile app has more features than the web app, but the web app is supposed to have more features than the mobile app ever will. 

What Alabama said. 

How to upload logs

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 10:43 AM

alabama24:

David Taylor Jr:

Will the web app run on mobile devices like iOS?

Posts 21725
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 10:46 AM

Tim Taylor:

Yes - it does today

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 10:47 AM

Tim Taylor:

alabama24:

David Taylor Jr:

I'm pretty sure they said it would but I can't remember for sure.

How to upload logs

Posts 27446
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 10:48 AM

Tim Taylor:

A "web app" is a fancy way of saying "website." As long as the browser is modern, it should work.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 20 2015 8:42 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Chromebook (and Linux) users are one of our main target audiences for the Logos web app.

So the next question: Will there be an app.logos.com link in the Google Playstore for chromebooks?

There is one for biblia already.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 21725
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 20 2015 8:47 AM

TCBlack:
So the next question: Will there be an app.logos.com link in the Google Playstore for chromebooks?

Do you know how the Playstore handles links to sites that are only available as part of a subscription?

Just trying to understand if that is a complicating factor here.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 20 2015 8:58 AM

Graham Criddle:

TCBlack:

Do you know how the Playstore handles links to sites that are only available as part of a subscription?

Just trying to understand if that is a complicating factor here.

Not specifically. But they do have Free, Paid, and freemium apps in the playstore - so it's nothing new, and should be easy to say,

"The Logos Cloud app uses your existing faithlife, Logos cloud/Now subscription."

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 21725
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 20 2015 9:28 AM

Thanks Thomas

Posts 5
Brian Lambie | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2015 7:53 AM

Anyone know how long it will take for the Logos app online to be up and running?  I had a look at it yesterday and hardly anything works in the beta that's currently available.  

Posts 9913
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2015 11:13 AM

Brian Lambie:

Anyone know how long it will take for the Logos app online to be up and running?  I had a look at it yesterday and hardly anything works in the beta that's currently available.  

As far as I can see, it is up and running, but getting improved constantly (not tied to beta cycles or so). "Hardly anything works" is obviously tied to the functionality you were looking at - severely lacking are probably notes (incl. highlights).

The library works, one can find resources and read them, Search works, one can have multiple resources open at a time and linked for scrolling together (clearly not comparable to a desktop layout, though), there are the most relevant guides and even Factbook and Atlas made it into the Tools menu. So considering the timeframe Logos normally takes for developing things, I'm impressed with the quick progress. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS