Nelson's New Illustrated Bible Commentary - Maps smudgy and distorted

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1351
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2015 4:41 PM

Jannie van Niekerk:

Kenute P. Curry:

Why are all the maps in this commentary smudgy and distorted to the point of where you cannot even read some of the names of the cities, towns, and rivers on them? It looks extremely bad! And I mean bad! Also, some of the pictures in this commentary look extremely bad as well. In a "Bible Commentary, " I would like to be able to view the maps and pictures clearly, as well as the text. This commentary really needs an upgrade badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Kenute,

I am sorry for the issues you are having with the resource. I have placed this resource in the maintenance queue, but do not have an ETA on it's completion just yet.

Thank you for you patience!

Jannie

FWIW, when we did this volume originally (late 1990's) Thomas Nelson had no source for the graphics and simply told us to scan images straight from the book. It was as good as we could do at the time (and as good as TN would allow us). If it can be made better, Jannie's team will make it happen, I'm sure.

Also, if I remember correctly, each page had several different 'stories' frittered away in that typesetting application known as Quark xPress (is that still around?) (No, it didn't have the graphics, either). Anyway, stitching this thing back together was pretty much like putting together a jigsaw puzzle, only sometimes you had to make your own pieces when something seemed like it was missing.

Ahhhh, nostalgia.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 408
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2015 9:22 AM

I just did a quick run through on this resource and my maps are generally fine.  A few are white washed (appears to be too light of a scan), but they are still readable.  Which maps are you specifically having difficulty with?

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2015 9:24 AM

Thank you Rick Brannan (Faithlife) for your insight, and taking the time to help me understand how this was formatted into an ebook. Thank you for putting it in the maintenance queue. It is much appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS