Logos Treasure Hunt

Page 4 of 9 (163 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
This post has 162 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 166
Anthony | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 3:08 PM

How are you getting multiple clues? Mine just sent me to a download link for Sproul Crucial questions series, no more emails after that. Hmm

EDIT - I am dumb. Broken Heart

Posts 3201
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 3:58 PM

I supposedly have all the clues but I am no closer to figuring this out. Sadly, I don't have time for this..... Sad

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 4:18 PM

This whole thing is kinda bogus if the first email has NO WORKING BUTTONS. Every button gives the same dead end trapped page.

Edit: Correction. You just don't like most MAC email clients...

Posts 1
Mike T | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 4:51 PM

The second rule states "starting May 18 clues will be revealed, each clue has a hidden word that must be found. When you think you have found the word, write it down, then click the image to move on to the next page that has a clue" but since that is bogus and there is no actual image to click on to guide you to the next clue, the email address shown apparently was bogus as some of these posts suggest, and i just got off the phone with support who "cannot help with the treasure hunt" then what is one supposed to do?  Is this contest even fair at this point?  Makes me hesitant to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars for that kind of run around?

**edit- so i emailed the treasure hunt email address, they just sent me a customer service survey??  Maybe it came from the failed call that I made to them? Regardless they didn't get a good score.

Posts 3201
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 5:08 PM

You know it would have been nice if they had the verse available on the FB page when the contest started, I would have gotten this a LOT sooner.  Poor contest all around start to finish.

How to upload logs

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 5:19 PM

David Taylor Jr:

You know it would have been nice if they had the verse available on the FB page when the contest started, I would have gotten this a LOT sooner.  Poor contest all around start to finish.

What they should have done is have everyone figure out what the phrase was through the clues and then let everyone send it off.

Posts 3201
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 5:35 PM

James Hiddle:

David Taylor Jr:

What they should have done is have everyone figure out what the phrase was through the clues and then let everyone send it off.

Agreed. I also got confused on the clues because if you look at the website and the email there are two different "first clues" that gave me a headache like you wouldn't believe. Didn't know if one wasn't actually part of the contest or not.

How to upload logs

Posts 2081
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 5:38 PM

David Taylor Jr:

You know it would have been nice if [spoilerish text removed] Poor contest all around start to finish.

The fun is figuring it out. It's a puzzle. And they actually did a pretty good job of it. A few hangup in getting it working, but a great idea. I hope they do it again.

Posts 3201
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 5:42 PM

Randy W. Sims:

David Taylor Jr:

You know it would have been nice if [spoilerish text removed] Poor contest all around start to finish.

The fun is figuring it out. It's a puzzle. And they actually did a pretty good job of it. A few hangup in getting it working, but a great idea. I hope they do it again.

Perhaps I should clear up my view of the contest because I know that I have been extremely negative.

I do want to say I appreciate Faithlife for doing this because they definitely do not have to at all!  I appreciate the opportunity to win some amazing resources!  I found out about this over the weekend and was looking forward to it. The contest was fun but the execution could have been better.

How to upload logs

Posts 163
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 5:59 PM

Hey David,

Sorry for any frustration this caused you if you could be more specific about what could have been executed better that would be great. I am aware of the following issues: 

The email on the last clue being wrong.

There being a delay in the 2nd clue showing up.

Please help us make this better if we decide to do it in the future by letting us know what specifically was bad about the experience.

Posts 3201
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 6:00 PM

Kaleb Cuevas:

Hey David,

Sorry for any frustration this caused you if you could be more specific about what could have been executed better that would be great. I am aware of the following issues: 

The email on the last clue being wrong.

There being a delay in the 2nd clue showing up.

Please help us make this better if we decide to do it in the future by letting us know what specifically was bad about the experience.

Hey Kaleb, can you hit me up on faithlife.com so I can give you some stuff directly. Some stuff I need to give you some background on that I don't want available to the public.

How to upload logs

Posts 946
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 6:17 PM

I'm still awaiting my email about the next clue...maybe someone from Logos can send it to me directly.  

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 6:18 PM

Randy W. Sims:

David Taylor Jr:

I would like to see them do it again as well. However, I would like it to be a puzzle that takes more than 10 minutes to solve.

Posts 3201
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 6:29 PM

Everett Headley:

I'm still awaiting my email about the next clue...maybe someone from Logos can send it to me directly.  

Did you get the first clue emailed? Only one clue actually comes in email.

How to upload logs

Posts 946
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 7:13 PM

David Taylor Jr:

Everett Headley:

I did not.  And not for want of trying.

Posts 2081
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 7:20 PM

Everett Headley:

David Taylor Jr:

Everett Headley:

I did not.  And not for want of trying.

I also unable to get the email from my email address associated with my account. I had to use a different address. 

Posts 1485
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 7:40 PM

It's the Macheist model.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 26
Robert Townsend | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 7:46 PM

Alexander:

This whole thing is kinda bogus if the first email has NO WORKING BUTTONS. Every button gives the same dead end trapped page.

Edit: Correction. You just don't like most MAC email clients...

I had to use a second email addy. The links on the first email Logos sent did not work for me either. Every button failed.  The second email sent to a gmail account had working links. I was about to give up until I read your post. I was able to complete the puzzle then.

Posts 3953
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 8:00 PM

Kaleb Cuevas:

My experience would be better if Canadians could participate/benefit from this exercise.

Posts 28560
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 8:08 PM

SineNomine:
My experience would be better if Canadians could participate/benefit from this exercise.

Does that mean you give them a grade of an 'Eh' Minus? Stick out tongue

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 4 of 9 (163 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS