OT: Hebrew words

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 18 2015 6:27 AM

Is there a free software program that can copy the Hebrew words, without making them look like gibberish? In the HTML format the Hebrew word looks fine. Then when copied, it converts to English letters.

Charlene

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 7:36 AM

What are you trying to copy to. I know they copy function works fine in MS Word, however that is not free. I am fairly certain it works in Openoffice and Libreoffice which are free.

Posts 3672
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 7:47 AM

Charlene, does the Text Converter tool in Logos not do what you are looking for? Or do you wish to retain Hebrew letters?

In my personal experience, the gibberish happens when the source font is not available in the place where it is copied or the paste function translate the font into the destination program's default. In the first case, one needs to install the font locally. In the second, sometimes selecting the word and setting it back to the source font does the trick. Have you tried all this already?

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 7:56 AM

Actually it is a friend of mine who is working on a project. They have permission to use Zodhiates Word Dictionary into a mobile platform, but when they take it in the HTML format and then paste it into their program, it is showing the English letters.

Charlene

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 7:58 AM

Francis:

In my personal experience, the gibberish happens when the source font is not available in the place where it is copied or the paste function translate the font into the destination program's default. In the first case, one needs to install the font locally. In the second, sometimes selecting the word and setting it back to the source font does the trick. Have you tried all this already?

That is what I thought was the problem, but I haven't heard back from them yet. I will pass on your suggestions. Thanks!

Charlene

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS