[ACK 6.4] Logos 6 (OS X)—Shortcut Icon in Dock?

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 36 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 29
Michelle Knight | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 19 2015 7:32 AM

After downloading the newest update, the dock icon for Logos 6 is showing up for me as a shortcut icon. This is of course minor, but, I assume, unintentional.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

This happens when the program is in use:

AND when it is not in use:

Again, not a huge deal, but it sure doesn't look as pretty as it should. Please note also that when I initially tell the program to "stay in the dock," the arrow isn't there. Only upon the app's next use does the icon include the shortcut arrow.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Posts 42
Rafe Andersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 7:40 AM

The same has happened to my icon. Thanks for reporting it!

Posts 1970
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 7:40 AM

I saw this mentioned in the beta forums before the stable release was shipped and yes, it is the current behavior for me as well. Another "interesting" thing is that clicking the dock icon doesn't display the initial splash screen while launching from the launch pad does!

Posts 27550
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 8:30 AM

It is annoying and has sullied my dock. Stick out tongue

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 42
Rafe Andersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 8:36 AM

^ yes. 

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 1:04 PM

alabama24:

It is annoying and has sullied my dock. Stick out tongue

I saw it as well - yuk, Windows creep. I would mention like I did years ago about making Logos more "Mac like", but I might be 'told off' by one of the Pritchetts again. Double Stick out tongue 

Also when I start Logos 6 this way (with this Windows shortcut type of icon) my screen briefly flashes to black and back again.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 960
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 1:39 PM

I just removed it and put it back - all fine...

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 29
Michelle Knight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 1:41 PM

John Goodman:

When I remove the icon and put it back, it also looks fine... but only for awhile. Eventually the shortcut icon reappears. 

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 1:42 PM

John Goodman:

That worked for me as well. 

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 1561
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 1:43 PM

Michelle Knight:

John Goodman:

When I remove the icon and put it back, it also looks fine... but only for awhile. Eventually the shortcut icon reappears. 

same here

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 27550
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 1:45 PM

Having been on the beta channel, I saw this behavior each time the app was updated. FL never responded to the issue. Tongue Tied

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4624
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 20 2015 12:00 AM

alabama24:

Having been on the beta channel, I saw this behavior each time the app was updated. FL never responded to the issue. Tongue Tied

Strange – I have never seen this.

Perhaps it got washed off as it crossed the Atlantic. (I presume that it the route it takes, even from the West Coast?)

Posts 1970
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 20 2015 1:14 AM

Mike Binks:

Mike, is this true for you even after starting the program from the dock for several times?

Are you running OS X Yosemite?   I am highly suspicious  that it's due to the "new" method  of installation that I have seen discussed.  I have checked the package contents, it is not that the program ships with a shortcut icon.  

Posts 1970
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 20 2015 4:03 AM

Mike Binks:
Perhaps it got washed off as it crossed the Atlantic.

Lol! Unfortunately it didn't wash off for me, plus it got past the strict Israeli security! Stick out tongue

Posts 4624
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 20 2015 1:14 PM

Reuben Helmuth:

Mike Binks:

Mike, is this true for you even after starting the program from the dock for several times?

Are you running OS X Yosemite?   I am highly suspicious  that it's due to the "new" method  of installation that I have seen discussed.  I have checked the package contents, it is not that the program ships with a shortcut icon.  

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 20 2015 1:21 PM

Michelle Knight:

After downloading the newest update, the dock icon for Logos 6 is showing up for me as a shortcut icon. This is of course minor, but, I assume, unintentional.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

One of our Mac devs was asked about this, and it’s an alias now so that it will work across versions due to the changes in the update process. (Apple places that arrow there) We hope to have this removed in 6.4.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 4624
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 20 2015 1:22 PM

Mike Binks:

It is remarkable the way that folk use the program differently Reuben, I don't think that I have ever started the program from the dock!

The dock is pretty redundant now days - I find it much quicker to hit cmd-space and type 'Logos' <enter> (or whatever program that I want to run or swap to). Logos generally sits in in full screen in its own space so to get to it I just (three finger) swipe up and pick the space.

However I have tried running it from the dock and the Icon remains stubbornly short-cut-arrow free.

Mike Binks:
 Are you running OS X Yosemite?

I have tested this on both the Yosemite Beta 10.10.4 and Stable 10.10.3 versions.

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 21 2015 1:23 AM

Mike Binks:

It might have got washed off on the way to Northamptonshire, but it didn't on the way to North Hampshire. It's still stubbornly present on my dock, having disappeared for a while but returned after starting the program from the dock a few times. 

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 4624
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 21 2015 7:11 AM

GregW:

Mike Binks:

It might have got washed off on the way to Northamptonshire, but it didn't on the way to North Hampshire. It's still stubbornly present on my dock, having disappeared for a while but returned after starting the program from the dock a few times. 

You don't, perchance, have a spare do you?

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 23 2015 12:31 AM

Dylan Rondeau:

One of our Mac devs was asked about this, and it’s an alias now so that it will work across versions due to the changes in the update process. (Apple places that arrow there) We hope to have this removed in 6.4.

Except every other Mac application seems to be able to work in a standard Mac way and not have this issue including when the app is updated. So really Logos is the 'odd man out' here. I hope that FL accepts that it is the one not working in a standard Mac way and can get the dock icon back working properly.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS