Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 26 2010 4:32 PM | Locked

I'm making more and more use of clippings and find them exceptionally useful.  However, since I changed my default font to Default Sans Serif, but I cannot find any way to change the default font used by clippings to also be Default Sans Serif.  Actually, to be more precise, there isn't a setting for Clipping font - there is a Default Notes font, but it doesn't support the "Default Sans Serif" option :-(

What is the chance that L4 can have a default Clipping font option added, or have clippings use the same font as the one specified in the Default Notes Font setting?

And, to add the cream on top, might it be possible to have the Default Sans Serif font show up in the Default Notes Font and (I'm hopeful) Default Clipping Font?

In hope,
Stuart. :-) 

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 7:59 PM | Locked

StuartRobertson:

I'm making more and more use of clippings and find them exceptionally useful.  However, since I changed my default font to Default Sans Serif, but I cannot find any way to change the default font used by clippings to also be Default Sans Serif.  Actually, to be more precise, there isn't a setting for Clipping font - there is a Default Notes font, but it doesn't support the "Default Sans Serif" option :-(

What is the chance that L4 can have a default Clipping font option added, or have clippings use the same font as the one specified in the Default Notes Font setting?

And, to add the cream on top, might it be possible to have the Default Sans Serif font show up in the Default Notes Font and (I'm hopeful) Default Clipping Font?

In hope,
Stuart. :-) 

You are correct there is no option for default clippping font nor a Default Sans Serif choice for notes. Thanks for the suggestion I have reported both of these.

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 10 2010 3:07 AM | Locked

Is that a "Yes", then? :-)

Posts 11
Kellogg Family | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 2:05 PM | Locked

I agree, I have found it difficult to find a way to change the default font and default font size of my clippings. Neither changing the default text size of the program nor changing the default notes text size seems to change the clippings font size, so my clippings are in a size much bigger than any of the font in the rest of the program.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 4:07 PM | Locked

Bosman Family:

I agree, I have found it difficult to find a way to change the default font and default font size of my clippings. Neither changing the default text size of the program nor changing the default notes text size seems to change the clippings font size, so my clippings are in a size much bigger than any of the font in the rest of the program.

If you have the 4.0c Beta installed, the Default Notes Font in Program Settings will also apply to Clippings. You do have to refresh the note or clipping (by closing and reopening) to see the change. I will submit a report asking if they can make the change visible right away.

Posts 19
Aaron Blumer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 9:29 AM | Locked

This is not working for me. My default notes size is 9pt and my Clippings all default to 12pt.

Any idea where I can look to fix this? I'm on Logos 4.3 SR-6 (4.30.0.1613)  in Windows 7

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 8:29 PM | Locked

Aaron Blumer:

This is not working for me. My default notes size is 9pt and my Clippings all default to 12pt.

Any idea where I can look to fix this? I'm on Logos 4.3 SR-6 (4.30.0.1613)  in Windows 7

Can replicate Clippings font size issue using Logos 4.5 Beta 4 (4.50.0.1275) on 64 bit Windows 7.  After changing Notes default size to 9, closed Logos 4, then opened to a blank layout, opened Program Settings, opened ESV, opened Net Bible, dragged tab to vertically split panel with ESV, created new Clippings file, selected text in ESV, used right click to "Add a clipping", then clicked "Add Clipping":

Both clippings are 12 point plus have a different font than Logos Bible Software 4 Program Settings.

Likewise wonder how to change default font and size for Clippings ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 19
Aaron Blumer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 4:38 AM | Locked

Thanks for doing the science on that!

Hope it leads to a solution.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 3:07 PM | Locked

Aaron Blumer:

Aaron ~  I've reported this regression to development. Thanks for the report.

Posts 19
Aaron Blumer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 20 2011 9:01 PM | Locked

Appreciate that.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS