Proclaim remote for Android handsets has left beta

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 783
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 20 2015 8:49 AM

The Proclaim Remote has been completely redesigned and rewritten for increased stability and performance on phones.

Users on iOS have been using this updated version for a while now, but the Android app has just now shipped on the Play Store. Android tablet support will come in an upcoming update.

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 159
Richard Bonjour | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 20 2015 10:25 AM

Jordan,

I checked it out on my android phone and it does work well, but I don't see the ability to see the notes. If i let this update go to my tablet, will I loose the ability to see the notes?

Posts 783
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 20 2015 10:57 AM

If your tablet is a 7-inch tablet, Android may allow you to update, which will lose notes. Until we can finish the updated tablet app, you should stay on the old one.

This issue stems from how Android perceives screen sizes, and it will sometimes miss identify your 'Tablet' as a large phone.

Posts 14
Chapel AV | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 8:50 AM

I was about to post again in this other thread since the latest update on the Nexus 7 caused the notes feature to go away again.  Well, I had already done the update since the push was there.  How am I supposed to KNOW not to update my tablet?!?

So, now my question is how do I "un" update my tablet so I can get the needed functionality back?  Better yet, when can you put in the previous fix you did so the tablet will properly recognize it as a tablet and enable the functionality.  OR even better yet, how about not hobbling the functionality of the phone and just let the user decide?

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/102823.aspx

Keith

P.S.  I do believe Google Play lets you differentiate different apps for phones and tablets.  So, there should be no reason this pushed to tablets if you weren't probably supporting them yet.

Posts 783
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 8:41 AM

Sorry about this. You had no way to know not to download it. :/

Currently, I'm working on getting you a download link to the older version of the app. That way you can delete the new one off of your Nexus 7 and put the old one back.

Sorry for the trouble this caused you.

p.s. Google's support for distributing apps to targeted devices is really awful. Limiting to just tablets is not too hard, but limiting to just phones opens a gray area between 'phablets' and small tablets. Both of which have similar screen sizes.

Posts 783
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2015 3:23 PM

Sorry about the delay. Here is a page that has a link to the old app. You should be able to delete the app off your device and download this one instead:

http://downloads.logos.com/Mobile/ProclaimMobile/oldapp/index.html

Let me know if you run into problems.

- Jordan

Posts 14
Chapel AV | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 5 2015 1:27 PM

That seemed to work. 

Thanks guys,

Keith

Posts 4
Faith Lutheran Church LCMS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 20 2015 8:13 PM

Hi Jordan,

I have a Nexus 7 and I still have the old version of the Remote App on tablet in order to keep the Notes feature working. Unfortunately I noticed that the app is not working properly. While the notes will change when the main computer changes the slides, the slides on the tablet do not change.

I have attached a screenshot of my tablet which shows the notes for the "Opening Sentences" while the slides on the bottom show the "Welcome" from the Pre-Service Loop. If I click on the slides on the bottom, it will take me back to the "Welcome" on the Pre-Service Loop. And it also does not allow me to scroll manually to the slide that I would like to be.

This happened last Sunday already. I had to install the new version just so I could follow the service and change the slides during my message, but then I didn't have any of my notes on the tablet. I had to print the notes from the website in order to have my notes with me.

Please let me know if there is anything I'm doing wrong. I can see already that for tomorrow morning I will have to use the new version again and print all the notes again.

Thank you and God bless!

Rev. Christopher Sperb

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 21 2015 11:04 AM

This shouldn't be happening. I assumed this wasn't the case for you a few weeks ago? We'll investigate Monday morning. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Posts 4
Faith Lutheran Church LCMS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 21 2015 9:10 PM

No, this wasn't the case a few weeks ago. It was working smothly and sudently it stopped. Thank you for looking into it.

Have a blessed week!

Rev. Christopher Sperb

Posts 783
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2015 11:42 AM

I just sent out an update for the Proclaim remote that includes notes on Android! This means that you should update when it becomes available.

You should see the update in a few hours. (Google can take a little bit)

Posts 14
Chapel AV | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 19 2015 8:20 AM

I just wanted to drop a note to say thanks.  Thanks for listening and implementing.

I wasn't following the remote updates since I couldn't use them due to the tablet/phone bug. But I saw the notes in my play store update that said you added notes to the phone remote as an option which is something I've been asking for for a while.  It is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!

Keith

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS