[closed] Mac, Logos 6, Resource Management

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 18
Gene Christian | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 25 2015 7:22 AM

Is there a guide as to which resources in Logos 6 require more or less memory?  I remember reading in one place that having several bible tabs does not tax the system as much as in previous versions.  

This weekend I ran a search in a large sermon archive file, had several bible tabs and note files open and an explorer tab.  The system ran so slow as to be virtually unusable.

I suspect my note files to be part of the problem for I use them heavily and some are very large.  I have a note for topic which is very large and and notes for each biblical book, some of which are large.  Does anyone know of a easy way to divide notes into smaller files without physically having to recreate new notes?

Posts 24547
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 31 2015 6:34 PM

Gene:
Is there a guide as to which resources in Logos 6 require more or less memory? 

No. It wouldn't be useful. You need at least 4 GB memory (8 GB preferable) for Logos 6 to work well.

Gene:
This weekend I ran a search in a large sermon archive file, had several bible tabs and note files open and an explorer tab.  The system ran so slow as to be virtually unusable

Tell us about your hardware - memory, HDD size/speed in RPM.

Gene:
 Does anyone know of a easy way to divide notes into smaller files without physically having to recreate new notes?

Your large note files could be problematic. See

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS