Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
Martin Roberts | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 25 2015 3:22 PM

Something has changed with the Info and Bible Word Study feature on my app - perhaps a month ago but possibly longer.  The availability of this feature in the free version was a major reason why I have recommended this app to others.  

When I select a word and choose the Info option, I no longer get anything in the original language.  I can still select Bible Word Study, but now get a list of the Greek and Hebrew words mapped to the English word, rather than a list of of the English uses for the Greek or Hebrew root behind the selected word.  

I see that your feature page video still shows the previous behaviour, so perhaps it is something about the particular combination of resources I have?  I would love some assistance to restore the original functionality, please.

Posts 23586
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2015 3:28 PM

What resource(s) are you trying this in?

Posts 8
Martin Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2015 3:29 PM

I am mostly using the LEB.

Posts 23586
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2015 3:33 PM

Martin Roberts:

I am mostly using the LEB.

I don't have my Android phone with me at the moment but on my iPad I get information as shown below

Can you post a screenshot showing what you get?

And you mentioned the free version. Are you using the free version of the app or have you purchased some packages / resources?

Posts 8
Martin Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2015 3:47 PM

That looks much like what I used to see, but now it looks like this:

Posts 8
Martin Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2015 3:51 PM

As far as resources go, I can't remember buying anything other than one of the $1 follow-on choices from the free book of the month.  I have picked up free resources from various places, including the FaithLife Study Bible and the Lexham Bible Dictionary.  The only original language Bible I have is the SBLGNT.

Posts 23586
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2015 11:13 PM

Martin Roberts:
As far as resources go, I can't remember buying anything other than one of the $1 follow-on choices from the free book of the month

My understanding was that to get the information you are looking for required a purchase (typically of a base package but that might have changed). If so, it is possible that a recent change may have implemented this more fully but I don't know.

Hopefully someone from Faithlife will be able to comment further.

Posts 978
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2015 10:52 AM

I think we have a case open for this already. Original language lookup is free for LEB, but it isn't currently working if you don't have a base package.

Posts 23586
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2015 10:54 AM

Dave Dunkin (Faithlife):

I think we have a case open for this already. Original language lookup is free for LEB, but it isn't currently working if you don't have a base package.

Thanks Dave.

That's helpful clarification

Posts 8
Martin Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2015 9:15 PM

Thank you for the info.  Is there an issue tracker which I could follow for this?

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2015 9:21 PM

Martin Roberts:

Thank you for the info.  Is there an issue tracker which I could follow for this?

Not at this time.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS