[ACK] Bug: "Search All Resources" in Systematic Theologies is not working as expected

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 27 2015 3:45 PM

I would expect that when choosing "Search All Resources" from the Systematic Theologies section, then Logos would do a search for something like <Daniel 8> WITHIN {Label Theology} (or whatever the label is), but I'm just getting a search for <Daniel 8> which is pretty useless.

PS - Please tell me you've used labels for this, and not yet another proprietary database. It is frustrating when new functionality is restricted to specific tools and doesn't use standard syntax that users can access.

Posts 1427
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 4:49 PM

Mark Barnes:
I would expect that when choosing "Search All Resources" from the Systematic Theologies section, then Logos would do a search for something like <Daniel 8> WITHIN {Label Theology} (or whatever the label is), but I'm just getting a search for <Daniel 8> which is pretty useless.

Hi Mark.

MJ already reported this (item 4 in the 4-item list, here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/105523.aspx) and I've filed a report on it.

FWIW, we're talking internally about ways to go about extending resource-level categorization without breaking existing things. Grammars was easy as we already had a category for it. Systematic Theologies is a bit more difficult (no, really) and at present, the only place the list exists is in the underlying data resource.

Mark Barnes:
PS - Please tell me you've used labels for this, and not yet another proprietary database. It is frustrating when new functionality is restricted to specific tools and doesn't use standard syntax that users can access.

FWIW #2, note that Grammars and Systematic Theologies are two of a kind; the underlying data are of the same resource type (of which we have at least one more planned [creeds & confessions] but several others possible). But they are not implemented as labels.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 33789
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 5:25 PM

Rick Brannan (Faithlife):

(of which we have at least one more planned [creeds & confessions] but several others possible).

Crying Creed and Confessions would have been my first choice for implementation. Wink I'll definitely be watching anxiously for it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 30 2015 10:45 AM

Rick Brannan (Faithlife):
[creeds & confessions]

Ooh Nice! That will be a good addition. 

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS