Good News: Logos 4 on the iPad!

Page 2 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 60 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 2740
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 1:06 PM

So we know what we have... great, however I am disappointed that it is iPhone type closed system. Another problem I see is just iPhone Logos in it. I hoped we will have a full size Logos in it. The only hope now is that Logos will really surprise us with a new application suited just for iPad.

What about documents? I want to preach from that little thing. Will it work with Office docs?

Bohuslav

Posts 2694
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 1:07 PM

$400 is still a lot of money for a large iPhone Wink personally would rather put money ot a better netbook/notebook.

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 64
John Calvin Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 1:11 PM

*Johncalvinhall is heard murmuring to himself while watching the new iPad video...

Godliness with contentment is great gain....

Sorry folks, I still struggle at times.

Posts 64
John Calvin Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 1:14 PM

Christina:

The only problem with the WiFi version is that's what I currently have with my iPod touch. I cannot tell you how many times I've desired to access my Logos library but was unable to because I was not in a WiFi area. I'm just positive that more options will become available once the 3G version is actually released.

Christina

???

Can't you just load your library onto your device?

Posts 2731
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 1:17 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:
What about documents? I want to preach from that little thing. Will it work with Office docs?

Sure. I have Docs To Go which edits MS 2007/2010 documents just fine.

As for the Logos iphone app on it, it will work just fine. And if it continues to improve over the next 60 days (deadline for non 3g version) that it has over the last 60 days, it should be very feature rich app.

I'm excited about it. Already thinking about selling my Kindle to help pay for it.

Posts 124
Randy Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 1:21 PM

This would be good for the library in logos.Big Smile

Posts 102
Roger King | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 1:48 PM

Randy Murphy:

This would be good for the library in logos.Big Smile

Oh yeah!   YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes (you get the idea!)

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 2:05 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:
I think if you read the Apple website, you will find that since it runs Pages and pages can open office docs, then you could open office documents.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/app-store/

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 94
Matt B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 2:12 PM

Engadget reports NO multitasking. :/ I'm receiving the iPad announcement with 1 giant "meh." I think it will be up to the apps to persuade me otherwise.

Posts 168
Bill Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 3:54 PM

From what I have seen I am not impressed with the iPad. It looks like an iTouch that is too big to fit in a pocket. It will run neither Mac nor Windows applications. While it was hyped as a "Kindle killer," the reading experience on the iPad can't compare to reading a book on the Kindle. The Kindle (and most other e-readers) uses an e-ink display that electronically prints a permanent image on the screen. There is no backlighting and no image being refreshed faster than the human eye can see on an LCD monitor. This means there is much less eye strain when reading on a Kindle.

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 3:57 PM

Matt B:

Engadget reports NO multitasking. :/ I'm receiving the iPad announcement with 1 giant "meh." I think it will be up to the apps to persuade me otherwise.

I will wait until the product actually comes out, is extensively reviewed and tested with the Logos app.

The lack of multitasking does not help and I will wait to see if it is something that can be fixed through OS upgrade.

I was starting to get excited about the e-reader included until I realized that it is unlikely that Logos books will be converted in Epub format and made accessible through the e-reader.

the jury is still out on the Ipad and there is still alot that we do not know. I am not interested in paying that much for a glorified Ipod touch.

So far many appear to be disappointed by the product that was supposed to revolutionize the tablet industry

Alain

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 4:06 PM

WilliamEGordonJr:

From what I have seen I am not impressed with the iPad. It looks like an iTouch that is too big to fit in a pocket. It will run neither Mac nor Windows applications. While it was hyped as a "Kindle killer," the reading experience on the iPad can't compare to reading a book on the Kindle. The Kindle (and most other e-readers) uses an e-ink display that electronically prints a permanent image on the screen. There is no backlighting and no image being refreshed faster than the human eye can see on an LCD monitor. This means there is much less eye strain when reading on a Kindle.

William,

the killer app for me  would have been an open device able to switch between backlight and e-ink and have Logos come up with an app able to display the various resources in "reading  mode" using e-ink.

The ability to read books from my digital library in a way that is comparable to the use of paper books (reduced eye strain and a  light and portable device) is number on my list of wanted features of Logos 4.  it is only when this is achieved that Logos will legitimately make a print library obsolete

Alain

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 4:15 PM

Christina:
Sooooo, I hope he's already purchased it. I'd love to play with the iPad when I get home. Yes Terry, it's just another joke and dream!

As was mine, Christina, as was mine Wink

I know how you feel, I had already sent my wife a link to prepare her for the inevitable purchase. Even though it will come from my allowance, we hold each other accountable and I never met a gadget I didn't like. Thankfully she has a heart of gold.

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 6:10 PM

John Calvin Hall:

Christina:

The only problem with the WiFi version is that's what I currently have with my iPod touch. I cannot tell you how many times I've desired to access my Logos library but was unable to because I was not in a WiFi area. I'm just positive that more options will become available once the 3G version is actually released.

Christina

???

Can't you just load your library onto your device?

It's only an 8GB model and it's almost full. However, I have added some resources to it and will continue to do so until I'm out of space. It's just difficult to know how much space the resources will take up. By the way, being able to download the resources did enable me to put off the purchase of an iPhone because I have many of the benefits without having to jump to a different cell phone carrier. 

Christina

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 6:14 PM

Terry Poperszky:

Christina:
Sooooo, I hope he's already purchased it. I'd love to play with the iPad when I get home. Yes Terry, it's just another joke and dream!

As was mine, Christina, as was mine Wink

I know how you feel, I had already sent my wife a link to prepare her for the inevitable purchase. Even though it will come from my allowance, we hold each other accountable and I never met a gadget I didn't like. Thankfully she has a heart of gold.

Terry, I'm lol, lol, lol! Thank you so much for all of your posts today. It was a blast and kept me smiling. Now if I can just find a discrete way to get my husband to watch the iPad video. Certainly that will cause him to jump to my side.....

And to everyone else, thanks for giving me the opportunity to dream in cyberspace. I just love the iPad and if my husband will buy it, I'll never ask for anything else. Yeah, I can't even say that with a straight face. Big Smile

Have a blessed evening, everyone!

Christina

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 6:29 PM

You KNOW what you people have done, don't you?

You have given BOB and DAN, excuses to go out and buy iPads, so they can TEST their Logos app on them.

And they can deduct the cost as business expense.

So why don't I get to???????

Posts 343

The iPad does seem pretty neat, but I too was thinking it'd be even more revolutionary.  I was thinking also that it would be really neat to switch between a normal display, and to an E-ink display, but I don't know how that would be possible (plus multi-tasking, at least a little bit).  Maybe I'll need to try reading a book for a long time on the Mac to see how it effects eye strain.  If Logos made a Logos App for the iPad, a little bit more advanced than the iPhone, then I'll most likely get one if I'm able to, because I think I would read more from the iPad even with the backlighting, than I would with a computer in my lap, a little more distant away than if I was to hold an iPad up close.  Where do you find the resource library on the hard drive for Logos 4 Mac?  I can't seem to find it, wanting to see how much hard drive space it's taking up.

I'm thinking Logos wouldn't use the iBook app for their resources, but simply in their own app.  I think the iBook app would be too cluttered to have the multitude of Logos books in there, it'd take awhile to "visually" scan through your book shelves.

Jason Saling

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 3:23 AM

Initial thoughts:

General

• ATT is not the dog.  It is just dogged because it bit off more than it could chew with iPhone.  Had Verizon or others been the sole carrier, they likely would have fared worse.  that said, as soon as other carriers share the iPhone/iPad burden, ATT will be the cat's pajamas.
  • logos related: which comes faster: L4/iPad full version, or fully functional web app?

Con:

• You know this first generation iPad will quickly be supplanted by added features (video?  Multi-app (although apples apps can be multi tasked)) etc.
  • no multi-app tasking?  (well, unless you are an APPle.
  • no e-ink?  That would have been nice.
  • Still can't afford one.

Pro:

• Logos web will allow me to buy the 16 GB, no worries.  that is, as soon as most of my books are available on it, and functionality increases.  But that is where they are headed.  I will only need more GBs if i start downloading movies or putting my music on it.  Probably won't.  iPad will be for reading, surfing.  Now if I could read AND listen to music .. . but wait, no . .. oh yeah, that was a con. 
  • no-contract data package.  I can save by hitting surfing at home and hitting wi-fi hotspots.  But if going out of town for a couple weeks, drop 30$ and surf on the go.
  • Bookshelf. Logos?  Are you seeing?  Are you listening?!!!  Cool  you could be that cool, and more!
  • One more reason to read in bed.
  • read in bed: one more reason to drop some cash.
  • price.
  • cool factor
  • Logos
  • Even if I don't get one, Jesus still loves me and I have a Great Hope!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 7:12 AM

Alain Maashe:
So far many appear to be disappointed by the product that was supposed to revolutionize the tablet industry

Given the hype and rumors that were rampant, disappointment was inevitable. I was reading "reliable sources" the day before the announcement touting features like front and rear facing cameras, fingerprint and facial recognition based security. Frankly, I am as impressed by the price points as I am by the feature set. I would have liked a full OSX OS, but that is not a deal killer for me.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 8:10 AM

Terry Poperszky:
I would have liked a full OSX OS, but that is not a deal killer for me.

I think so many people expected something like this and that explains all the disappointment. 

I just wanted a better eBook reader.  Guess what?  I'm not disappointed.  I got more than I expected (iWork), at a cheaper price than I expected.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Page 2 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS