4.18 GB Download 6/1/15?

Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 48 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 166
Anthony | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 1 2015 9:07 AM

I see no orders I have being downloaded. Is this a massive update? 

EDIT - I take it updates is the keyword in the photo...

Posts 738
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 9:10 AM

Is this a release of one of the large Journals offerings.

Are you on for the Near East Archaeological Society Bulletin (1958–2013) (78 issues) maybe?

Regards Kevin

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 9:31 AM

I aleady got a 4g about 2 weeks ago ... journals.  I hope it's not 4g more!  My marriage may need ending for a couple of months.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 9673
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 9:33 AM

Kevin A Lewis:

Is this a release of one of the large Journals offerings.

Are you on for the Near East Archaeological Society Bulletin (1958–2013) (78 issues) maybe?

Regards Kevin

This is on order for me as well and yet my download is only 1.46 GB (did I just say ONLY?Tongue Tied)

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1574
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 9:33 AM

I've got 6.91Gb coming down, but I have no big orders placed, nor small orders being fulfilled today. I *did* sign up for the free Logos Cloud trial, which is starting today.... but wouldn't it be odd for a "cloud" product to require a 7Gb download?

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 1152
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 9:41 AM

I didn't order journals or the cloud and I have a small 241MB download.

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 9:43 AM

it's Logos Cloud resources

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 25343
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 9:46 AM

Ben:
but wouldn't it be odd for a "cloud" product to require a 7Gb download?

I don't know whether these resources are Cloud resources but Logos Cloud resources will be accessible through the desktop app so it would make sense

Posts 257
Jim Erwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 10:00 AM

Mine says 3.91 GB. I know I just ordered the new book of the month for June and a couple of free books from Vyrso this morning. However, I don't know what I have that would require this much of a download. Now I have to go to a coffee shop today to download and complete this update. 

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/jimerwin/ - a postmodern pastor in a digital world

Posts 94
Rokas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 10:03 AM

This is most definitely Logos Cloud resources. I got public domain stuff like "the works of Isaac Watts" as well as non-public domain books like Sheffield Bible Guides.

Posts 9673
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 10:17 AM

Rokas:
This is most definitely Logos Cloud resources.

That must be it. The journals didn't download yet so they may come later today.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 29923
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 10:35 AM

I guess I am glad I didn't sign up for LC. Stick out tongue

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 10:41 AM

I got nothing. Does that mean I already own everything in Logos Cloud, or is there a step I've missed? I've joined the Faithlife group, but nothing else.

<edit>It came in the end. I got 68 new resources.</edit>

Posts 12160
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 10:46 AM

Mark Barnes:

I got nothing. Does that mean I already own everything in Logos Cloud, or is there a step I've missed? I've joined the Faithlife group, but nothing else.

Joining  the group was all it took. 

Maybe they realease in stages (if they really push out 2.4 [my size] to over 4 GB to 6k subscribers, that could be a prudent way to do it without crashing the servers)

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 11:15 AM

NB.Mick:
Maybe they realease in stages (if they really push out 2.4 [my size] to over 4 GB to 6k subscribers, that could be a prudent way to do it without crashing the servers)

Logos resources are hosted on a CDN, so all that the Logos servers themselves need to do is update our licence files.

Posts 232
Todd Frusti | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 11:16 AM

2.33 GB downloading here.  Big download but looking forward to checking out the LC for a few weeks.

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 11:21 AM

Mark Barnes:
I got 68 new resources

I thought "cloud" was for new users and not those already owning large libraries. And as has been exemplified in your previous posts over the years, you already have a significant library.

Have I misunderstood "Cloud"?

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 29923
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 11:38 AM

James Taylor:
Have I misunderstood "Cloud"?

Nope.

FL has sent mixed messages... but only insomuch as PR goes. Logos Now is (generally) for current users who prefer to purchase resources. Logos Cloud is (generally) for new users who prefer to rent resources. FL has discouraged users from signing up for both Logos Now and Logos Cloud... and yet they invited everyone to sign up for a free month of Logos Cloud. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9
LogosEmployee
Simon Villeneuve | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 12:04 PM

Awesome Todd! Glad to hear it.

Posts 5616
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 12:05 PM

James Taylor:
I thought "cloud" was for new users and not those already owning large libraries.

But, depending on what one's library actually has, it could still be worth it. It's just much less likely to be worth it.

EDIT: In my case, it's over 5 GB downloading now, but my theological affiliation is safely outside Logos Cloud's target market, so I don't know how much will be useful to me for this month. Either way, I'll find out soon!

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.”St. John of the Cross

Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS