4.18 GB Download 6/1/15?

Page 2 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 48 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2
Logos Cloud Admin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 12:12 PM

Yes, if you are a part of the Logos Cloud Faithlife Group, you will get an update. 

Logos Cloud is accessible in 3 ways: 

1. Desktop - which requires new (and existing) users to download

2. Mobile - the existing Logos Mobile App should provide this experience. 

3. Web App - app.logos.com (still in Beta) is the last, and least recommended way for now, to access Logos Cloud. 

Posts 12162
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 12:36 PM

SineNomine:
But, depending on what one's library actually has, it could still be worth it.

There's definitely some cool stuff in there. Mytag:Cloud gives 1059 resources and I thought I had a large library.

Some stuff I thought I would never be able to afford, such as Barth's Church Dogmatics,Lexham Bible Guide, EEC and some I was tempted to go for (Black's NT Commentary, Themelios). 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 5627
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 12:44 PM

NB.Mick:

SineNomine:
But, depending on what one's library actually has, it could still be worth it.

There's definitely some cool stuff in there. Mytag:Cloud gives 1059 resources and I thought I had a large library.

Some stuff I thought I would never be able to afford, such as Barth's Church Dogmatics,Lexham Bible Guide, EEC and some I was tempted to go for (Black's NT Commentary, Themelios). 

See, none of the stuff you mentioned I particularly care about, although I certainly understand why you do. Of what's downloaded so far, the two titles I've noticed that I am interested in are one by Josephus and another on St. Basil of Caesarea. So a very different target market!

“The wisdom of the Scriptures is learned rather by prayer than by study.” — St. Philip Neri

Posts 12162
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 1:23 PM

SineNomine:
See, none of the stuff you mentioned I particularly care about, although I certainly understand why you do. Of what's downloaded so far, the two titles I've noticed that I am interested in are one by Josephus and another on St. Basil of Caesarea. So a very different target market!

Sure. On the other hand I only noticed the stuff that I don't own already. Which still is a lot (okay, they inflate the numbers with hundreds of Qumran manuscripts you might be interested in which I am not). It will be interesting to see the promised product collections.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 5627
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 1:37 PM

NB.Mick:

SineNomine:

Sure. On the other hand I only noticed the stuff that I don't own already. Which still is a lot (okay, they inflate the numbers with hundreds of Qumran manuscripts you might be interested in which I am not). It will be interesting to see the promised product collections.

I don't care about Qumran manuscripts either. Stick out tongue Where what's downloading is of interest to me is in patristic-related stuff, authors like Josephus and Erasmus, and some of the reference materials, which I wouldn't buy at anything like full price but will probably use and appreciate for the next month for free (like the Baker Encyclopedia of the Bible). Unless there's a Catholic (or Orthodox) commentary set or something just waiting to be downloaded, where things will get really interesting for me is with Verbum Cloud.

From what's downloaded so far, Logos Cloud at this level looks to me like a very good offering for at least most people from backgrounds targeted by present Logos base packages.

“The wisdom of the Scriptures is learned rather by prayer than by study.” — St. Philip Neri

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 1:48 PM

James Taylor:

I thought "cloud" was for new users and not those already owning large libraries. And as has been exemplified in your previous posts over the years, you already have a significant library.

Have I misunderstood "Cloud"?

No, you've not misunderstood. I won't be subscribing to Cloud, because Logos Now meets my needs much better.

But I was curious, and it was free...

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 1:49 PM

Mark Barnes:

I got nothing. Does that mean I already own everything in Logos Cloud, or is there a step I've missed? I've joined the Faithlife group, but nothing else.

<edit>It came in the end. I got 68 new resources.</edit>

I got 59 new resources. I gave these a tag (LogosCloud) so I can check if I want to buy some.

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 1:58 PM

Mark Barnes:
Now meets my needs much better.

Understood..., and me too! 

Thanks

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 2:10 PM

Mark Barnes:
it was free...

Yep, worked out to be 198 books for me to use for free this month. thanks for pushing over edge into the cloud

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 1991
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 2:12 PM

600mb and 80 resources for me. 

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 2:12 PM

NB.Mick:
Mytag:Cloud

thanks for the tip. Now in combination with the latest update allowing us to select and tag multiple books at a time, this is an excellent way to sort quickly.

Posts 604
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 3:04 PM

So how do I separate the 29-volume Community Pricing volumes that just came out (Classic Studies on the Apostolic Fathers) that I own from the 310 Cloud resources that I don't own? I want to tag them separately.

Posts 948
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 3:11 PM

NB.Mick:

Right! Same here. I thought this would be fun to play with and see what comes up. I had no idea that it would be this much fun!

Posts 5627
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 3:26 PM

Pam Larson:
So how do I separate the 29-volume Community Pricing volumes that just came out (Classic Studies on the Apostolic Fathers) that I own from the 310 Cloud resources that I don't own? I want to tag them separately.

Faithlife will soon create an in-program collection containing only the Logos Cloud resources.

EDIT: What that on its own probably won't tell you is which resources Logos Cloud provides you already had, but combining the collection with when stuff was updated should give you what you're looking for.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 3:40 PM

Pam, I think the cloud problem is on the Logos radar.  Phil's words.  Weather guy!

If you're in a hurry, the bulk of the apostolics are in several series. Then tag the few remaining singles. Tonight's all-nighter is the Papias one; Wow.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 3:48 PM

You might want to think this through before some of you get too excited.  I got 589 new resources.  Now if I was to subscribe to this level at $49.99 per month, I would have paid more in 9 months than it would have cost to upgrade to the Diamond Level under the Dynamic Pricing scheme. At $99.99 per month I can pay off the Dynamic Price for the Collector's in just over 3 years.  So if you already have a substantial library, you had better look at your dynamic pricing and compare it to what it will cost you to rent.  Unless Logos makes a substantial allowance for already purchased resources as a few have suggested, there's very little incentive for those of us who have large libraries to use Logos Cloud.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 25352
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 3:52 PM

Alex Scott:

You might want to think this through before some of you get too excited.  I got 589 new resources.  Now if I was to subscribe to this level at $49.99 per month, I would have paid more in 9 months than it would have cost to upgrade to the Diamond Level under the Dynamic Pricing scheme. At $99.99 per month I can pay off the Dynamic Price for the Collector's in just over 3 years.  So if you already have a substantial library, you had better look at your dynamic pricing and compare it to what it will cost you to rent.  Unless Logos makes a substantial allowance for already purchased resources as a few have suggested, there's very little incentive for those of us who have large libraries to use Logos Cloud.

And this is consistent with what Phil said at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/105182/727371.aspx#727371 

Posts 948
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 6:31 PM

Graham Criddle:

Alex Scott:

And this is consistent with what Phil said at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/105182/727371.aspx#727371 

Yes, it is consistent. However, I wish there were a Cloud option that was configured similar to dynamic pricing. I understand this from FL's perspective, though, why it would be tough to implement.

Posts 1991
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 6:53 PM

This trial/beta program may make some people wanna sign-up for the cloud just because of the resources they're missing. Marketing marketing marketing..

Smart..

Posts 704
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 7:12 PM

mike:
This trial/beta program may make some people wanna sign-up for the cloud just because of the resources they're missing.

I have a good library already and it's got me thinking. The Cloud added almost 1300 resources to my library. Some are things I'll never need but things like ICC, Vos, and Owen standout at this point...Thanks for the free trial Logos. 

Cheers, 
 ChelseaFC

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Page 2 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS