Discounts on two books

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1261
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 2 2015 6:58 AM

I noticed that two books are deeply discounted on Amazon, and I am assuming they are discounted with the publisher (one with B&H, other with Zondervan).

Can someone at Logos verify this with these publishers? If they are, will Logos be participating in these discounts?

Thank you for your help! God bless!

Evangelical Theology: A Biblical and Systematic Introduction (MF Bird)

Introducing the New Testament (Joe Blair)

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 28462
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 7:24 AM

Myke Harbuck:
Logos be participating in these discounts?

Logos editions are not eligible for "publisher specials," but Vyrso editions are.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1770
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 8:02 AM

I agree with Alabama that the chances are extremely low. However, there is always hope. The NIV Apllication Commentary was recently put on sale at a very low price. It wasn't publicized though.

Posts 28462
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 8:21 AM

FWIW - 

I see that FL carries the second book as a Logos Edition: https://www.logos.com/product/3341/introducing-the-new-testament 

I don't see the first resource being sold at all. Never mind, the search just didn't work right. https://www.logos.com/product/33987/evangelical-theology 

Posts 10756
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 8:25 AM

alabama24:

FWIW - 

I see that FL carries the second book as a Logos Edition: https://www.logos.com/product/3341/introducing-the-new-testament 

I don't see the first resource being sold at all. Never mind, the search just didn't work right. https://www.logos.com/product/33987/evangelical-theology 

ah, you saw the light!  I just wanted to post the link to you.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 28462
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 8:34 AM

At first, I did a search for the whole title as listed above and the book doesn't appear. Doing a search for "Evangelical Theology" does find the book. 

Posts 10756
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 8:35 AM

alabama24:

At first, I did a search for the whole title as listed above and the book doesn't appear. Doing a search for "Evangelical Theology" does find the book. 

I searched for Bird... but I knew it would be there, as I own it from day one.

Posts 28462
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 8:46 AM

NB.Mick:
I searched for Bird.

I searched for "MF Bird." Again, no luck.

Posts 10756
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 9:28 AM

alabama24:

NB.Mick:
I searched for Bird.

I searched for "MF Bird." Again, no luck.

probably because it's common to use names in the Format "Michael F. Bird" or "Bird, Michael F." ? But "Bird" alone will find him.

Posts 248
Patrick Rietveld | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 9:39 AM

To me it looks that the Logos edition is not very expensive compared to the one you talked about. The difference between $39,95 (Logos) and $36.61 (the discounted??) is not very big. The kindle edition is even $66.49!

Posts 10756
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 9:44 AM

Patrick Rietveld:

To me it looks that the Logos edition is not very expensive compared to the one you talked about. The difference between $39,95 (Logos) and $36.61 (the discounted??) is not very big. The kindle edition is even $66.49!

which book? Bird's "E.T."? Amazon.com shows something very different for me. Anyway.

Posts 1082
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 9:46 AM

Patrick Rietveld:

You're obviously not seeing the discount. Are you overseas? Try checking the Amazon.com site or logging out.

Posts 248
Patrick Rietveld | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 9:49 AM

yes, the Birdbook.

I think I see the difference. I saw under 'other buying options' cheaper (but still new) versions ($17.14) from other sellers.

Patrick

Posts 248
Patrick Rietveld | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 9:50 AM

Yes, I am overseas (from American perspective).

Logging out didn't change the price.

Maybe I should move to the US?

Posts 248
Patrick Rietveld | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 9:55 AM

Oh, I saw the kindle edition price change. Interesting how these international things work. No Amazon deals for me. No Logos treasure hunt for me. Maybe I should go back to work.

Posts 1665
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 5:11 PM

NB.Mick:

Patrick Rietveld:

which book? Bird's "E.T."? Amazon.com shows something very different for me. Anyway.

Patrick, you are probably aware of the difference, but I bought this specific resource (Michael Bird's Evangelical Theology) when it was on a really good special at Amazon previously. It was a waste of money. Search in the Amazon app is so inferior to Logos that I ended up using the index at the back of the book. But that didn't work either: the Kindle version had a full listing of the index, but it didn't go anywhere! The index didn't have page numbers and did not hyperlink: it was just a list of words!

So I ended up buying it again -- this time in Logos, so I could actually use it. Kindle may be okay for reading a yarn, but it's not worth the time it takes to fiddle with it for serious study (cross reference, footnotes, index/search listings, ...).

Posts 1179
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 5:58 PM

Allen Browne:
Patrick, you are probably aware of the difference, but I bought this specific resource (Michael Bird's Evangelical Theology) when it was on a really good special at Amazon previously. It was a waste of money. Search in the Amazon app is so inferior to Logos that I ended up using the index at the back of the book. But that didn't work either: the Kindle version had a full listing of the index, but it didn't go anywhere! The index didn't have page numbers and did not hyperlink: it was just a list of words!

This bears repeating. I was so excited a couple years ago when I found some really cheap theology books on Kindle. And then I actually got them. Most don't even have page numbers. They're nearly useless for any sort of serious use.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS