[ACK] Smart Tags broken in 6.3 SR1

Page 6 of 10 (191 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »
This post has 190 Replies | 16 Followers

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2015 4:55 PM

Thanks Bradley!

Posts 229
Hans van den Herik | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2015 3:15 AM

Thanks for the quick answer! I highly appreciate that kind of support!

Hans

Posts 5
Bryant Huang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2015 10:52 PM

Hi Bradley,

I wholeheartedly second this request! After upgrading to Office 2016 (on Windows 10) a few days ago, I immediately noticed that when the Additional Actions menu that appears when you right-click a passage only lists two items:

Open Bible to Ephesians 3:2
Passage Guide

I crucially need the Insert Passage item since I use that all the time! Please let us know if this issue can be fixed. Otherwise I'm tempted to write my own Office Add-In because this feature is so essential for me. Thanks!

Posts 7
Jose Garreton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2015 1:40 PM

hello Bradley

I am running Office 2016 and Logos version 6.6 SR-16.6.0.0059.  The Smart Tag is partially working.  The only options available are

• Open Bible to Scripture reference
  • Passage Guide

The one feature that I do use the most which is to copy the verse to Word and is no longer available.

Posts 8060
LogosEmployee

Thanks for the additional detail. As mentioned, I've created a case for us to investigate Office 2016 compatibility with the Smart Tag; we'll look into the "replace with passage" issue when we work on that case.

Posts 9
Ruben C Casas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2015 10:59 PM

Dear Bryan, 

Thanks for the clear instructions to run the fix for SmartTags for Windows. I have Windows 7 and use MSOffice 2010 to run Logos 6. For months I was so frustrated because of my inability to use one of my favorite functions of Logos, and today, thanks to your instructions, I was able to see SmartTags work again. From the bottom of my heart, thanks Bryan.

Posts 1
David T. Hemphill | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2015 8:30 AM

Thank you, Timothy Brown, this did the trick!  Big Smile

Windows was crashing just by scrolling over "Additional Actions." 

Now it is working beautifully and allowing Logos features.

1. Most users can probably skip to # 2 of Tim's list. 

2. In Windows Explorer, you will find the file in your download folder, Continue with # 3. 

Posts 25045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2015 3:11 PM

David T. Hemphill:
Thank you, Timothy Brown, this did the trick!  

As you are referring to this post then the thanks go to Bryan Albert.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 149
Timothy Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2015 3:27 PM

Yes, Bryan deserves the credit and thanks!

Windows 8.1 64-bit, Core i5-3330, 8GB RAM

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2015 4:21 PM

I tried Smart Tags again with Verbum 6.6 SR-3 (64 bit), and I am using Office 2016 64 bit. What I can add is that the manual regedit changes worked fine, but the regsvr32 of Verbum.exe failed. When I do the right click on a verse I too get the Open the Bible to... and the Passage Guide, but I do not get Replace with Passage or Copy Bible Verse. Fixing the problem that causes regsvr32 of Verbum.exe to fail (maybe Logos.exe does as well?) might fix this one issue?

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2015 4:29 PM

Also - for what it's worth, I Had CCleaner scan my registry, and it reported a "ActiveX/COM Issue" :

ActiveX/COM Issue LogosBibleSoftware.Application - {FD24A0E8-C3F2-4821-A456-35DA2DC4BB8F} HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\LogosBibleSoftware.Application

Maybe this is a side effect of the regsvr32 command failing.

Posts 8060
LogosEmployee

Don Awalt:
When I do the right click on a verse I too get the Open the Bible to... and the Passage Guide, but I do not get Replace with Passage or Copy Bible Verse.

This is because the Logos Smart Tag has not yet been updated to support Office 2016. A future update to the Logos Smart Tag will resolve this issue.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2015 5:30 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Don Awalt:
When I do the right click on a verse I too get the Open the Bible to... and the Passage Guide, but I do not get Replace with Passage or Copy Bible Verse.

This is because the Logos Smart Tag has not yet been updated to support Office 2016. A future update to the Logos Smart Tag will resolve this issue.

Good! Thanks Bradley.

Posts 98
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 6:38 AM

I just called Logos support and they said it was a MS problem? So is there a fix coming?

Posts 8060
LogosEmployee

A future update to the Logos Smart Tag will resolve this issue.

Posts 6
Glen Garrity Sr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2015 10:14 AM

I am having the same problems on my MacBook Pro.  Has anyone had this problem on their Mac?  If so what steps are necessary to fix the problem?

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Blessings,

Glen

Posts 25045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2015 12:44 PM

Glen Garrity Sr:

I am having the same problems on my MacBook Pro.  Has anyone had this problem on their Mac?  If so what steps are necessary to fix the problem?

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Blessings,

Glen

Glen, I believe you were given a bum steer in your original thread as this thread is for the Windows problem. As a Mac user see https://community.logos.com/forums/t/115655.aspx, especially the last two pages.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 6
Glen Garrity Sr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2015 3:19 PM

Hi Dave, I can't stop laughing.  It's not the first nor the last bum steer!  Unfortunately the link you provided doesn't work.  I get a notice "access denied" from what appears to be a secured page.

Thanks for the blessings of laughter!  Blessings,

Glen

Posts 1649
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2015 4:07 PM

Glen Garrity Sr:

Unfortunately the link you provided doesn't work.  I get a notice "access denied" from what appears to be a secured page.

Glen, the link is working for me. 

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 6
Glen Garrity Sr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2015 5:52 AM

I will try it again, thanks!

Page 6 of 10 (191 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS