Best Way to Create My Own Commentary

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8
Phil LaRue | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 5 2015 8:18 AM

I'm relatively new to Logos and would like to know the best way to create my own commentary. It would only be for personal use. Something that I could keep open and would be able to link to the current passage in the way I do other resources. One location to keep study notes on Bible verses, passages, chapters, or books. Like a commentary resource but easily editable on the fly.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 5 2015 8:37 AM

Welcome to the fourms, Phil.  Smile

It sounds like a Note File may be helpful.  Take a look at the wiki article and see what you think:

https://wiki.logos.com/Notes

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 5 2015 8:58 AM

I use a note file entitiled Everett's Study Bible that I link notes to the Scripture reference.  It has worked really nicely for several years.  When they started syncing notes to mobile devices, it made it exactly what I needed.

Posts 8
Phil LaRue | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 5 2015 9:13 AM

That is exactly what I needed. Thanks!

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 5 2015 1:45 PM

Well I would start by spending a lot of time studying scripture - in Greek, Hebrew & English, and then branch out to commentaries others have written both modern and ancient, technical and application. Then write it all using a trusty word processor. Put it aside, in a year or so, review it. Then find an editor...
OHHH you mean for your own personal use. Notes maybe, or a personal book. PB do not yet sync to all devices.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS