Jabez - 1 Chron 4:1-23

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 248
Patrick Rietveld | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 8 2015 4:32 AM

When I did a passade guide for 1 Chronicles, there is a Biblical People Diagram ('Family Tree: Judah 1 Chron 4:1-23), but Jabez (1 Chron 4:10) is not showing up (and maybe more).

We were reading this passage in Church yesterday and a lot of people had no clue. A diagram could have been helpful. Is there another diagram that is better? Or is this the one and should I report it (but how??)?

Patrick

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 8 2015 4:56 AM

The family tree is mislabeled because it really only goes as far as verse 8. From verse 9 on, there are entries that are orphaned, that is, it is not clear how they are related genealogically to what comes before. Some of them, including Jabez have their own family tree but can be very limited when there is little certain genealogical information (in Jabez' case, there is only mention of his mother). Here are two examples from the rest of 1 Chronicles 4:

For more information on how to find an entry when it does not show up where you'd expect it, see here https://community.logos.com/forums/t/100269.aspx

Posts 11057
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 8 2015 6:23 AM

A tiny bit OT, but for anyone enjoying the large journal downloads, I just finished up Journal of Hebrew Scriptures Vol 3  (I always read in sequence).  Article 4 has a good discussion of all the pieces.  I'm surprised Logos made a go of it.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS