Posts 715
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2015 12:59 AM

Is there any news on the final two volumes of the series

Shalom

Posts 2066
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2015 1:54 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
The suggestion to update inbound links is a good one. We'll look into it.

Yea! Please look into it, but don't stop there! 😜

I'll probably place a pre-order, but cancel if this doesn't get incorporated...

Posts 1141
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2015 3:34 AM

Great news!!  I know Logos has been working hard to get this.  I expected to pay double the price.  Hope it moves fast!

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2015 4:21 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
The suggestion to update inbound links is a good one. We'll look into it.

It ought to be relatively easy to build a script for doing at least some of this. There's a lot of uniformity in the way TDOT is referenced.

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2015 4:36 AM

Mark Smith:
I have 10,659 hits in 5,277 articles in 905 resources:

Those statistics are somewhat inflated by the fact that hovering over TDOT will often cause the text "Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament" to appear. In other words, with that search, many occurrences of TDOT count twice (once for TDOT, and once for "Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament"). It may be as much as 50% over-inflated.

Posts 9249
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2015 6:38 AM

Mark Barnes:
It may be as much as 50% over-inflated.

I never thought of that before but what you say makes sense.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9140
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2015 6:44 AM

Mark Barnes:
It may be as much as 50% over-inflated.

Which cuts down the amount of work FL would have to do to update those references as links.

TDOT by itself comes up with 6,565 hits in 4,894 articles in 737 resources which might be a closer estimation of the full number of references for my library. That is still a lot of resources and a lot of articles with links I'd like to see become active.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2015 6:53 AM

I see that the status of the pre-order has quickly moved from red "gathering interest" to orange "almost there". I know FL will not want to commit to any timetable, but in the interest of those who need time to come up with the money for the pre-order, would it be fair to say that it will be a while yet before it comes out? Development begins only after it hits "green" right? So 15 volumes and lots of data to tag, could be a couple years before it actually comes out, I would think (or perhaps even more).

Posts 1474
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2015 8:05 AM

^^ This is a very important question. I can start importuning the wife and saving my pennies, if I know it's a year away. But a month?

I suppose I can support the prepub and back out if financially necessary, but I really try not to do that to Logos. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 1
Dr. Gordon Arthur | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2015 8:39 AM

I am also in Canada and again, I really want this, but the price is also a concern. Is there any way to order the pre-pub and pay by instalments rather than in a single payment?

Posts 5
Jeremy Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2015 8:44 AM

I got 10,218 results is 6,971 articles in 1,256 resources.

I can't wait for this to come out, and stop using my dead tree versions.

Posts 11054
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2015 8:53 AM

I'd suspect Logos would not offer a ship date.

Just guessing, I'd bet it's already digitized from the publisher. I'd also bet, Logos already has scripts to handle the bulk of tagging on the later volumes. But I'd also bet, the whole thing would slow down on the earlier volumes, and fancy tagging (recent features).

Therefore, since prepubs are not usually financed unless super-expensive, 'save up' sounds like a good strategy.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 1279
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2015 9:27 AM

Francis:

I see that the status of the pre-order has quickly moved from red "gathering interest" to orange "almost there". I know FL will not want to commit to any timetable, but in the interest of those who need time to come up with the money for the pre-order, would it be fair to say that it will be a while yet before it comes out? Development begins only after it hits "green" right? So 15 volumes and lots of data to tag, could be a couple years before it actually comes out, I would think (or perhaps even more).

God willing. It won't be years. At this point it's too early to commit to any ship date. If I had to venture a guess, it would be within a year. Perhaps nine months. And please don't hold me to that. It's too early to tell right now. I'm just trying to provide so clues to those considering making a purchase.

Second,

My plan is to do targeted updates of resources that heavily cite TDOT. At this point it is much too early to say A) what resources those will be and B) when the update work will be done.

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2015 10:33 AM

Thanks Kyle for the response. 

Posts 9140
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2015 10:37 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:
My plan is to do targeted updates of resources that heavily cite TDOT.

Thanks for telling us this. It helps. I put in a pre-order and hope it will not come out until next year.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1474
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2015 1:06 PM

I'm in, and will start saving my quarters.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 1890
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2015 7:03 PM

for me, release them as they are available, just like the theological journal!

my pennies are ready! Party!!!

Posts 1665
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2015 7:15 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:
God willing. It won't be years ...

Second, My plan is to do targeted updates of resources that heavily cite TDOT. ...

Thanks, Kyle. Okay, I'm in too.

Posts 359
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2015 5:46 PM

Can I make a suggestion to someone in Marketing?

We will be outlaying $$$$$$ to buy this set. To get a better idea of what the set has to offer would it be possible to give a sample pdf file of one article (eg naqam) rather than the fuzzy on screen pix?

I could then see exactly how the product will look on my screen and how it will print out etc.

Stephen Miller

Sydney, Australia

Posts 501
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 8:42 AM

I wonder, would it be better to jump in on this now at presumably its lowest price in Pre-Pub, or wait until it appears at better value as part of a bundle or base package later on which might be better value overall in the long run?  I suspect, however, that it might not appear in any bundle or base package for a few years, after lots of individual sales.

Page 2 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS