MAKE READER FUNCTION in LOGOS 4 MAC like the IPAD's BOOK READER

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
Geary Williams | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 28 2010 6:08 AM

Let me say I impressed by IPAD's launch yesterday.  Sure it lacks a camera and phone function at the moment...However, the book reader was amazingly impressive....Look at it and somehow adapt that to logos 4 MAC.  The way the thing turned the pages was so cool, it made you feel as though the pages were turning.....If not make a LOGOS4MAC APP that will download "FREE"  if you have an iphone or ipad.....However,  make it to allow us to pull from our library in a SYNC formatt a book or bible book.   The main thing though is allow us on IPAD/IPHONE to flip the pages like the BOOK reader APP on IPAD......I could only hope that LOGOS 4 MAC/IPAD would do this............I'm thankful that when I purchased my software 4 wks ago I can download it on my iphone....I don't have an iphone but I think the IPAD is an amazing platform for LOGOS 4 MAC!!!!  The way Steve Jobs was turning the book pages on it yesterday only had me dazzled to be able to read my LOGOS 4 MAC library that way!!!!   come on LOGOS4MAC....Jump out there and make the final LOGOS4MAC be a APP for the IPAD first!!!!!  Blessings and suggestions......

Posts 10810
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 3:21 AM

My understanding is that the iPad will use the iPhone OS. If this is true, Logos already has an iPhone app. Hopefully, they can improve it for the iPad.

Posts 14
Geary Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 7:02 AM

Good comment Jack.  I'm more specifically referring to the "reader" part of an IPAD.  Did you look at their demo?  When reading a book in logos, it reads more like a typical computer.  However, on the ipad the software to let you "read" looks amazing.  I'm wondering if our books from our "Library" would open up under the IPAD's reader function....IF so that would be a fantastic way to read your books in your LOGOS library.........If not LOGOS4MAC could take a look at how the reader function flows so smoothly when turning the pages.....I hope I'm making some sense.....I think their technology for actually reading a book will revolutionize simply the way you read an EBOOK.....In color, live page technology, with seemless turn technology and almost 3D feel.    Amazing ....go back and look at IPAD's demo on the "Book Reader" section.....You'll see what I'm referring to.....Then comment on how that would change reading from our LOGOS library.....Blessings....

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 7:41 AM

The book reader application was what I liked most about the iPad and I couldn't help but think how Logos might incorporate that feature into it's iPad/iPhone application. Although I'm learning to adapt to reading a book on my laptop, it still is not a great experience. So I, like you, am hoping the app for the iPhone/iPod is improved and they will incorporate the reader used by the iPad.

Weeks ago, there was some speculation that the carrier of the iPad might discount, or subsidize, the price if the iPad in exchange for a two-year contract. However, there was no mention of this during the presentation on Wednesday. Because of this, and a few other reasons, I'm probably going to wait a bit before purchasing the iPad, but I'm definintely going to get one and Logos is the main reason for the decision.

Christina

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 7:47 AM

Christina:
Weeks ago, there was some speculation that the carrier of the iPad might discount, or subsidize, the price if the iPad in exchange for a two-year contract.

There were so many rumors, that it was ridiculous. The price point, the price of the data plans and the fact that they come unlocked, all make the carrier subsidy a moot point.

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 8:53 AM

Terry Poperszky:

Christina:
Weeks ago, there was some speculation that the carrier of the iPad might discount, or subsidize, the price if the iPad in exchange for a two-year contract.

There were so many rumors, that it was ridiculous. The price point, the price of the data plans and the fact that they come unlocked, all make the carrier subsidy a moot point.

Hey, can't a girl just wish for an additional discount?Big Smile Actually, for all that the iPad does, I really think it's competitively priced. Unfortunately, I just don't care for AT&T's service, but they do seem committed to making improvements. For a multitude of reasons, I'm actually considering purchasing the entry level iPad and getting a MiFi service. We travel a lot and stay at hotels that don't always offer free WiFi, so the MiFi will enable me to gain internet access on all of my devices, when needed. Actually, it's just a thought. I'm just trying to minimize the cost of the iPad before pitching my plan to my budget conscious husband.Wink

Christina

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 10810
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 6:53 AM

Geary Williams:
Good comment Jack.  I'm more specifically referring to the "reader" part of an IPAD.

Did you see http://tweetphoto.com/9926972 ?

Geary Williams:
When reading a book in logos, it reads more like a typical computer

I have no problem reading a book on a computer, so I don't understand your problem.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 2:04 PM

Christina:
For a multitude of reasons, I'm actually considering purchasing the entry level iPad and getting a MiFi service.

Christina, I will probably go for the 32 Gb, and use it with my MiFi although, I rarely think I will need the 3G service since the majority of places (Home, Work and Church) where I would use it for Logos, have wireless available. BTW, I love my MiFi, with my iPhone on AT&T and my MiFi on Verizon, I have the best of both worlds.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS