DEAR LOGOS - I want a mug

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 29374
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 11 2015 1:51 PM

I want a mug that in addition to a nice Logos/Verbum/Faithlife logos shows and identifies all the identifying icons in the program. It could have a companion mug that showed all the keyboard shortcuts although that may have to remain a mouse pad.

An alternative: provide me with a screen saver that contains both the icons and the keyboard shortcuts.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9237
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2015 2:00 PM

Clever!

I'll take the mug (not this kind: Beer), but any graphic would do.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2015 2:47 PM

I want a t-shirt.. ahem.. 2x please. It will have the Logos logo and sport John 1:1 in Greek.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2015 3:59 PM

Mark Smith:

Clever!

If you don't want that mug, I'll take it.  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2015 4:03 PM

There's always this one.

https://www.logos.com/product/2980/logos-stainless-steel-mug

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 29374
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2015 4:55 PM

But it lacks the cheat sheet Crying

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 29374
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2015 4:56 PM

Mark Smith:

Clever!

-

You don't drink root beer? That looks like an A&W mug to meSmile

Posts 1777
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2015 5:21 PM

I'll take a mug like Alabama24's

Win 10 | Android 9 | Fire OS 5

Posts 6613
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2015 6:53 PM

MJ. Smith:
An alternative: provide me with a screen saver that contains both the icons and the keyboard shortcuts.

This is an excellent idea.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2015 6:57 PM

In the meantime, you can buy one of those create a mugs at Hobby Lobby, print a shortcut cheat sheet, and stick it in there. I gave one as a gift once.

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 4942
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2015 10:19 PM

Funny, I have come close to posting this exact request a couple of times over the last couple of weeks. I'm not that particular, but...

...some things to consider...

1) This kind of handle (or any similar derivative) is a no-no

2) When it comes to size, this is about right

Well, slightly smaller would do, but seriously, we need at least a triple size cup. Think small mixing bowl...Stick out tongue

3) Style-wise, I think something like this...or this...looks sharp.

4) Also, I don't think it would be a bad idea to have a lip like this

Why? It is a proven scientific fact that the structure of coffee molecules is unusually responsive to the harmonics created by walking. Yes, someone actually did a study on why coffee seems to spill more often than other beverages, and that's the reason. So a slightly inwardly curved lip isn't a bad idea, but I could live without it if the mug is monster-sized.

5) When it comes to colors, please...nothing in primary colors. Something subdued and classy, like light blue on navy, or blue on tan, or silver on black, or the like. Something two-toned like this...or this...

...would be nifty.

6) I don't begrudge MJ her cheat-sheet cup, but I would prefer a cup (using a right hand hold) that has LOGOS (Bible Software "optional") facing me and the Logos magnifying glass logo on the opposite side. Actually, you could reverse this, and I would be okay with that, too.

7) Seriously, 24oz. capacity would be great--nothing less than 18oz. is acceptable.

Other than that, I'm not particular at all.

Coffee

P.S.- I'd like to have mine in hand by the time school starts back, so no pressure!

Posts 4942
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2015 10:51 PM

Another option would be to have a mug without a handle that says...

כפי goes here.

Posts 1545
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2015 1:21 AM

How about a mug that looks like a scroll?

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2015 5:53 AM

I think the local constabulary might be able to help.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 248
Patrick Rietveld | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2015 6:42 AM

Why not already distributing the cheat sheet? Then everyone can decide what to do with it.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS