The Cradle, the Cross, and the Crown: An Introduction to the New Testament

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1492
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 18 2017 8:15 AM

I have the lion and lamb in vyrso. Could anyone tell me if getting this bigger version is worth it? An example would be great if possible. 

Posts 1492
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 6:24 AM

Could someone post an example of the two so I can see if the full volume is worth purchasing?  I'd appreciate it if possible

Posts 1722
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 1:34 PM

Mattillo:

Could someone post an example of the two so I can see if the full volume is worth purchasing?  I'd appreciate it if possible

Are you wanting a sample of the Cradle, Cross, and Crown from Vyrso? I have it and would be willing to post a sample. Anything specific you want to see?

I will say it's definitely worth it. I've used this extensively.

Nathan Parker

President/CEO

Mallard Computer, Inc.

Posts 1722
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 1:36 PM

I also show a sample of it in this video (Disclaimer: I show resources in this video from three different Bible platforms, but most of them are from Logos).

https://vimeo.com/213466818

Nathan Parker

President/CEO

Mallard Computer, Inc.

Posts 1492
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 1:46 PM

Nathan Parker:

Mattillo:

Are you wanting a sample of the Cradle, Cross, and Crown from Vyrso? I have it and would be willing to post a sample. Anything specific you want to see?

That would be great Nathan!  I have "The Lion and the Lamb" in Vyrso... I was just curious how it compares to the larger version.  No section in particular but I'm currently reading through Hebrews at the moment.  I'm just curious if the vyrso version is worth the $17 investment even though I already own the other shorter version.  Also, how is the quality of the vyrso version?

Thank you in advance

Posts 1722
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 4:16 PM

Mattillo:

Nathan Parker:

Mattillo:

That would be great Nathan!  I have "The Lion and the Lamb" in Vyrso... I was just curious how it compares to the larger version.  No section in particular but I'm currently reading through Hebrews at the moment.  I'm just curious if the vyrso version is worth the $17 investment even though I already own the other shorter version.  Also, how is the quality of the vyrso version?

Thank you in advance

I had issues directly exporting this to PDF, so I had to export to RTF then PDF the RTF document.

This will give you all the content in Hebrews though to get an idea of how extensive the resource is.

I'm also attaching a screenshot of the book in Logos so you can see how the formatting looks on my screen.

The Vyrso edition isn't perfect on some of the formatting, two issues being the URL's in the table of contents at the beginning of the book are broken instead of actually going to the book chapters (the TOC in the sidebar works perfectly though), and some of the chart text gets really close to some of the in-line text at times. Other than that, all the content is still there though, and I've still been able to heavily use it in seminary without major issues (page numbers aren't there so I cite chapters in my papers which I do for all Vyrso books).

I extensively use this, so I highly recommend it.

Nice to know about the shorter version. I've wanted to recommend this book to beginner Bible study individuals but found it a little too in-depth to do so. If you can send me a link to the shorter edition (and maybe an excerpt from it too), and I'll examine it and see if it's a better recommendation for them.

Hope this helps!

0755.The Cradle, the Cross, and the Crown.pdf

Nathan Parker

President/CEO

Mallard Computer, Inc.

Posts 1492
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 4:53 PM

I haven't had time to compare the two but here is the Lion and the Lamb's version of Hebrews

5633.The Lion and the Lamb - Hebrews.pdf

Posts 1722
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 9:02 PM

Mattillo:

I haven't had time to compare the two but here is the Lion and the Lamb's version of Hebrews

5633.The Lion and the Lamb - Hebrews.pdf

Thanks for this! This does look like a good entry level abridgement of CCC. I'll be sure to recommend it to some as an entry level NT Introduction.

Nathan Parker

President/CEO

Mallard Computer, Inc.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.