Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 30
Diego Lara | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 12 2015 8:04 PM

So I went to the Logos Cloud site and put in my login info not knowing exactly what Logos Cloud provides on top of what I already own. And the first time I opened Logos I have over 4GB of updates downloading. So what exactly did I get my self into? Are these extra resources that are available through logos cloud on top of what I already own? I understand there will be different packages available so what exactly is being downloaded right now to my desktop?

I thought Logos cloud was just a cloud based version so why is some data downloading to my desktop application?

Diego

Logos 6 Platinum on Windows 10

Posts 31361
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2015 10:57 PM

Diego Lara:

I thought Logos cloud was just a cloud based version so why is some data downloading to my desktop application?

Your Logos applications are all integrated. If you did not have a Logos application on your computer, the Cloud version would remain in the Cloud. Because you have a desktop version, Logos will keep them synchronized.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4843
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2015 9:07 AM

Diego Lara:

Logos Cloud is a subscription service, like Adobe Creative Cloud. Faithlife has, however, managed to accidentally confuse a very large number of actual and potential customers as to what Logos Cloud is, so don't feel bad about being confused by it yourself.

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 30
Diego Lara | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2015 12:18 PM

Ok that answers my question. Looks like it signed me up for the full premium version of Logos Cloud which added a lot of resource

Logos 6 Platinum on Windows 10

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS