Keyboard Shortcuts for Mac

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 18
Kevin Rossen | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 28 2010 9:43 AM

I've seen the list of shortcuts for the Windows version of Logos 4, but I can't find a list of shortcuts for the Mac version. Is there a list of existing and/or planned keyboard shortcuts? Even if they're not all implemented I'd love to know which ones are coming once the beta version of the software comes out.

In particular, I'd love to be able to go to the command bar with a keyboard shortcut.

Thanks!

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 10:53 AM

Kevin,

All of them should be implemented by or during the beta process. We haven't spent a lot of time working on key bindings because our focus is on implementing more features (to which we will attach key bindings at a later date). Our goal is to have more or less the same keybindings on Windows and Mac.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 18
Kevin Rossen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 11:31 AM

Thanks Tom!

I'd find it VERY useful if somehow you could sneak in just one keyboard shortcut with the next update: the shortcut to the command bar. I think it's Alt+D in Windows (?). Pretty much every time I'm using Logos on the Mac side I'm trying to quickly jump there.

Keep up the good work! The software seems really stable overall for me!

Posts 9
Ben Davenport | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2010 11:36 AM

This would be really great. Or to the reference bar of the open resource.

Posts 3156
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2010 4:36 PM

Kevin:

I believe you are looking for Command+Option+L. Smile

Posts 9
Ben Davenport | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 2:09 PM

sweet.  thanks.

what about to the command bar of the open resource?  anything there yet?

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 2:28 PM

Is there a command to open the find with in the resources. One one the videos I saw on L4 someone could say open up Anchor Bible Dictionary to the article on Rome and open a find bar and search for "road" for example. 

Posts 205
Jeffrey S. Robison | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:22 AM

Now that we have an actual ship date, are there Mac keyboard shortcuts? And how do we get a list? If not, is there an expected date on those? I would love to be able to paste Bible verses in Pages without having to switch programs and then do the copy paste routine, then format again what I have pasted to match the formatting of my document. A paste and match style keeping superscripts for the verses would be awesome! It would simplify the logistics of my sermon writing.

Posts 3156
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 6 2010 11:21 AM

Philana Crouch:

Is there a command to open the find with in the resources. One one the videos I saw on L4 someone could say open up Anchor Bible Dictionary to the article on Rome and open a find bar and search for "road" for example. 

Cmd-F

Posts 55
Seth I. Grotzke | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:23 AM

Is there a shortcut for Highlighting? It is a pain to try to open tab and then click over to my other tabs open to highlight. Am I doing this wrong?

Posts 3156
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:34 AM

S.I. Grotzke:

Is there a shortcut for Highlighting? It is a pain to try to open tab and then click over to my other tabs open to highlight. Am I doing this wrong?

There is. You have to set it up manually though. Attribute a letter to what pallet you wish. HIghlight the text you want highlighted, and then press the letter key you have bound to what pallet option. 

Posts 3156
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:37 AM

It is in the help. Note, we will adjust the file later. As it stands now you have to scroll to see the actual shortcuts due to the natural width of the help panel. I floated the panel to illustrate what it looks like.

Posts 55
Seth I. Grotzke | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:41 AM

Great help, thanks.

Posts 12
Gene Packwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 13 2010 8:03 AM

Very helpful. Thanks. A request: I would love to be able to advance screen by screen through my resources using a key or keys in such a way that there is a one or two line overlap—a similar thing to Google Reader where I can advance screen by screen using the spacebar. 

I'm thoroughly enjoying the latest Beta. I bought in to Logos 4 Mac in February. It's been fascinating and impressive to see it develop and get smoother. Good job, you guys!

Posts 91
Seth Hewitt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 13 2010 9:15 AM

Gene Packwood:
A request: I would love to be able to advance screen by screen through my resources using a key or keys in such a way that there is a one or two line overlap—a similar thing to Google Reader where I can advance screen by screen using the spacebar. 

Gene, you should be able to do that. You can't go backwards with Shift–spacebar, but you can go forward, one page at a time, by pressing the spacebar.

Seth

Posts 12
Gene Packwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 13 2010 9:29 AM

Thank you!! A combination I hadn't thought of trying. You've made my day. 

Posts 18
Kevin Rossen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 13 2010 9:53 AM

Thanks for posting this! I was having trouble finding it, but I realized that searching Help in the menu bar searches the Mac help. You have to click "Logos Bible Software Help" first to be able to get to the keyboard shortcut list. Thought I should post that just in case someone else has the same problem.

That said, I'm really happy about the Command Bar shortcut. I've missed that.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS