Foreground images not syncing to the live presentation

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 34
Angela Goose | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 13 2015 1:31 PM

I am having a problem with foreground images not syncing to my live presentation. I prepare the presentation beforehand on my laptop, but several times when I look at the presentation online and in church the foreground image is not there and I have to reload it. I always tell the image to sync to the group and it comes up in the media files ok, but is not in my slide. The images are not large ( up to about 250kb) but it is a nuisance.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2015 10:23 PM

Hello Angela, 

If you could point us towards one of your presentations with a broken service item like you describe this will help us diagnose further. We'll do some more testing on this scenario as well. Thanks for the report.

Posts 34
Angela Goose | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2015 3:51 PM

https://documents.logos.com/documents/b6e06ec14c504cb4ae4d48db24f9b1f0

You will see a slide headed "Nation Makers". The image of boys on their racing carts is missing. I am thinking the problem is with images that I upload straight from my laptop. I am going to try and remember to upload them into the Media library first, then add them from there. It will be a longer process but I think it will solve the problem for me. The slide "Understanding Islam" had the same problem, but now it has been reloaded in Church, it has synced ok.It is  very odd. Both the projection pc and my laptop run Windows 7, though I was thinking I would upgrade to Windows 10 when it comes out. As long as that will be ok for running Proclaim.

Posts 34
Angela Goose | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2015 4:04 PM

https://documents.logos.com/documents/832234244ce34206935c44c7588c1616

This one shows 2 versions of the Nation Makers slide. I put in a second one where I chose the image from the Media Browser. The weird thing is that even though the image doesn't show in the first slide - it was already in the Media Browser for me to add it from there to the second one. So it had synced to the Media browser, but not to the online version or the live version.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2015 10:08 AM

Hey Angela,

I was unable to reproduce this issue with foreground images when following the steps that you provided. If you could reproduce the issue and then provide logs after adding a new (not uploaded yet) foreground image directly from your computer, that would be great. Please collect the logs from the computer that you upload the foreground image on; this will help us diagnose your issue further.

Posts 34
Angela Goose | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2015 7:36 PM

Hi Spencer, I have just made a test announcement using a small (35kb) image from my laptop. It doesn't show on the online version.1321.Proclaim.log

The presentation with the test announcement is here. I guess I had better do another to actually use tomorrow :-)

https://documents.logos.com/documents/09e87d1c3d3b4aaf90d9ce0f28277832

I have attached today's log file. Hopefully I did it correctly.

Blessings

Angela Goose

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 10:55 AM

When you upload a foreground image, are any of the uploads failing? If an upload fails, an error message will show in the bottom left corner.

Posts 34
Angela Goose | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 2:05 PM

I hadn't noticed that error - though I have see it before when we have lost connection in the Church. This morning I did another test, noticed that the message there said it was uploading the image, and the image has synced ok. So I don't know what happens. I guess I just need to check whether it is in the online version or not before heading off to the service.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 2:10 PM

Angela Goose:
I guess I just need to check whether it is in the online version

Yes, just make sure that you are uploading the foreground image, not adding it locally, and you shouldn't have any issues.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS