BUG: Visual filters active, even when turned off

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 147
Pete De Bonte | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 14 2015 8:42 PM

I'm running Verbum 6.3 SR-2 (6.3.0.0074). I seem to have found the same bug with Visual Filters as TCBlack reported months ago with Bible Text Only.

In the following screenshot:

1. Just for a colorful example, I've applied the visual filter, Louw-Nida 89 Relations [as published by "Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :)" on 2014Aug3], to the LEB
  2. BUT, then cleared the main VISUAL FILTERS checkbox.
  3. also unchecked RESOURCES and COMMUNITY NOTES.

Shouldn't that disable all Visual Filters?  But the screenshot shows the visual filter is still active.

I've also reproduced this with:

• KJV1900 instead of LEB
  • Other and/or multiple visual filters

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 15 2015 6:22 AM

I cannot reproduce this in L6.4 beta 4

Posts 147
Pete De Bonte | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2015 5:23 AM

I now have Verbum 6.4.0037, and if I exactly copy the screenshot, I can still reproduce this.  Please note:

1. It does not occur with all Bibles.  In my case, I've noticed it with LEB and KJV1900.  I have KJV1900 only via Logos Cloud, so I expect to lose access to it tonight.
  2. It occurs with various [all?] New Testament passages; however, as my example uses a Louw-Nida filter, it is limited to the New Testament.
  3. As shown by the gray checkmark in the screenshot, the particular visual filter was active before I unchecked "VISUAL FILTERS" (the master VF checkbox).

FWIW, Logos tech support had me execute the "Rebuild Bible index" command last week, and it succeeded.

Posts 147
Pete De Bonte | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 7:15 PM

Now I have Verbum 6.4 SR-2 (6.4.0.0058), and

• it seems to be fixed in the KJV1900 (just in time for me to lose that after the 3-day Logos Cloud extension : )
  • BUT: I still can reproduce the problem with the LEB

Haw can it be Bible resource-dependent?  That seems strange to me.

Posts 33796
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 9:03 PM

Filters are often resource dependent ... and you specify which filters to show at the resource level.

To track the problem down, you need to identify the style that is being displayed, show what palette that style occurs in and show that that particular palette is not turned one. With that, we can turn the problem over to Logos as a verified bug.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25348
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 11:42 PM

MJ. Smith:
and show that that particular palette is not turned one

But I think the point being discussed in this thread is that deselecting the whole Visual Filter selection should disable styles from all palettes

Posts 33796
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 11:44 PM

Agreed - merely trying to identify the actual problem.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS