[ACK] License type Temporary: marks resources that I own as being temporary

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2015 8:29 PM

Matt Hamrick:
That means 305 resources are showing as Temporary when I have a Permanent license for them

I'm not in quite that shape but not good. 245 marked Temporary that were mine before the Cloud obscured our licenses. (I tag all my resources when I receive them (or shortly thereafter) with NPER (meaning Not Perseus), plus occasional other tags).

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 244
LogosEmployee
Ryan Gano (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 10:38 AM

We've made changes on the servers to fix this issue. Please verify in app that the new License column is displaying the correct license type.

NOTE: In order to get this updated license info you'll need to ensure that you're working online.

Posts 11154
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 11:53 AM

Ryan Gano:
We've made changes on the servers to fix this issue. Please verify in app that the new License column is displaying the correct license type.

Yes - perfect!

Thanks a lot.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 244
LogosEmployee
Ryan Gano (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 11:54 AM

NB.Mick:

Yes - perfect!

Thanks a lot.

Thanks for checking!

Posts 2066
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 12:03 PM

My situation is almost perfect. Three "temporary" resources are missing my "cloud" tag. One (Lexham bible Guide) is because it was already in the library from Logos Now. The other two, however, I've had for quite some time according to the tags that I've assigned them.

Posts 2371
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 12:19 PM

Reuben Helmuth:

My situation is almost perfect. Three "temporary" resources are missing my "cloud" tag. One (Lexham bible Guide) is because it was already in the library from Logos Now. The other two, however, I've had for quite some time according to the tags that I've assigned them.

Greek Grammatical Constructions Documentation is part of Logos Now (and Verbum Now and Logos Cloud), and is not available through other means.

Lexham Bible Guide Genesis 1-11 is part of Logos Cloud. I can't find any indication that this was purchased separately on your account.

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 8:27 PM

Ryan Gano:
We've made changes on the servers to fix this issue.

Yes I'm good now too.

Thanks!

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 13411
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 20 2015 2:34 AM

Ryan Gano:
Please verify in app that the new License column is displaying the correct license type.

Yes, everything looks correct for me.

Posts 44
William Norman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 20 2015 6:37 AM

Does the license type only show up on the Beta?

I'm using 6.3 SR-2.  I don't have the option to check license type. I am running Logos Now

Posts 23651
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 20 2015 6:46 AM

Yes, licence type is a beta function 

Posts 2066
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 20 2015 7:19 AM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
Lexham Bible Guide Genesis 1-11 is part of Logos Cloud.

Yes, I mentioned that I understand where the issue is here.

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
Greek Grammatical Constructions Documentation is part of Logos Now (and Verbum Now and Logos Cloud), and is not available through other means.

It's very strange to me, then, why both this resources as well as the "commandments of the law" interactive have mytag:UNTAGGED. Prior to the 1st of April (when I was about to download a large package of which I wanted to every resource as coming from that package), I opened my library and sorted by mytags. I then selected all the resources which didn't currently have any mytag assigned to them and tagged them "UNTAGGED" so that I could keep track of any new resources coming in, more easily. Like I said, this was prior to Apr. 1, and I have not assigned that tag to ANYTHING since then, to my knowledge. I've made a habit (since then) of tagging all new resources with the date of purchase as well as any additional tags that I deem appropriate.

Is it possible that mytag:UNTAGGED somehow got migrated to these two resources without me ever "touching" that tag in the meantime, or is the verdict that I must have both sleep-walked & "sleep-tagged"? 😆 I'm a fairly avid Logos user, but I don't thing I would have done something like that!😜

Posts 13411
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 20 2015 9:48 AM

If you have a SQLite Browser, you could check UpdateManager/Updates.db to see when that resource was first installed onto your PC.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 21 2015 2:21 PM

Yes, everything is now working correctly for me. Smile

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS