The Battle for the Bible by Harold Lindsell

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2330
mab | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 16 2015 4:27 PM

This was such a landmark book that it really needs to be available in Logos. It was originally published by Zondervan. ISBN 0310276810

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2015 9:28 PM

The Battle for the Bible – Harold Lindsell

Is the Bible inerrant or not? Author Dr. Harold Lindsell answers in the affirmative-Yes, It Is! Discussing the meaning of special revelation and inspiration, Lindsell shows the Scripture's witness to itself and the historical view of inspiration and its implication. The basic fact is that a view of "limited inerrancy" has crept into evangelical Christianity. The basic problem is that a view of limited inerrancy invariably leads to concessions in matters of faith and practice. The basic need is for the church to be aware of the problem and to articulate her belief in Biblical inerrancy without fear and without compromise. Dr. Harold Lindsell leaves no doubt that the battle has been joined.

Posts 2879
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2015 10:17 PM

mab:

This was such a landmark book that it really needs to be available in Logos. It was originally published by Zondervan. ISBN 0310276810

Yes

This book pre-dates my caring much about the nature of Scripture, but as a Southern Baptist, I can't fail to acknowledge its influence on the path of my own denomination. It is not coincidental that the 'conservative resurgence' really took flight just a year or two after the book was released.

I've never read it. I really ought to do so.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 2330
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2015 11:21 PM

I just got my hands on a print copy after listening to someone discuss the impact it had. He apparently got a whole lot of folks mad one way or the other. Ever since Genesis 3, God's authority seems to do just that. Geeked

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2710
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 12:19 AM

Yes

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 3197
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 3:58 AM

Yes

Posts 9079
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 7:43 AM

This was a foundational book when it was first released and was a text when I was in Bible College in the 70s. (wow, that's a while ago!)

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 44
Schamma | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 8:25 AM

Yes

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 5:42 PM

It would be fantastic if we could get "The Battle For The Bible & The Bible in Balance" together here in LOGOS on pre-pub, or if we could bid for them. I would not hesitate to buy them.

Posts 2330
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 8:31 PM

Kenute P. Curry:

It would be fantastic if we could get "The Battle For The Bible & The Bible in Balance" together here in LOGOS on pre-pub, or if we could bid for them. I would not hesitate to buy them.

Absolutely. This is so much a core author and it's surely still a big issue. 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS