Alias icon on Mac OS dock?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 20
Mark Lautenschlager | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 16 2015 8:35 PM

I'm running Mac OS X 10.10.3 on a current generation MacBook Pro with Retina display. Today, Logos 6 download 5+ GB of updates and something odd occurred.

When I put the Logos 6 app icon on the dock and launch it for the first time, it quickly replaces it with an alias icon (the one with the little arrow in the bottom left hand corner). Now it isn't really a big deal, and it doesn't prevent the program from launching, however it DIDN'T do that before.

So my silly question is, was something changed? Or is there something quirky with my installation that's causing it to do this? It USED to have the app icon, and it still does now, but only for one launch. Then it's the alias icon.

Thanks for answering a trivial question that makes a very detail oriented nerd like me quite crazy. :)

Posts 1940
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2015 8:50 PM

Something did change, but it's fixed in 6.4 which is currently in beta. The stable release should ship around the end of the month (~29th). So, hang in there for another two weeks, or join the beta! 😃

Posts 1940
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2015 8:55 PM

By the way, you're not the only Mac user that was seriously irritated by this! There are a couple different threads about this issue but I'm too lazy/busy to go searching for them in order to link them here. One way you can avoid the alias icon is to "unpin" the icon from the dock and start the application from launchpad (my preference), from spotlight, or obviously through the app folder in the finder (but that would be cumbersome).

Posts 1940
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 6:42 AM

Dave,

I Laud you for the Legwork of Listing all the Links!👏🏽

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS