Bulky software that rarely loads right with worse customer support

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2
Mr. Vivian E. Kirkpatrick II | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 19 2015 11:09 AM

Today  the phone operator hung up on me because I was upset that customer service has never solved by problems.  I write to customer support and don't get answers. I call customers support wait on line forever and are told they will send me a email with instructions.  I can't sign into the program but I can sign into the web site.  The programs says "unable to connect to logos.com."  So the program can't connect to their own web site.  Anyway, the instructions basically tells me to disable by firewall.  What world do they thing we are living in?  After spending literally thousands of dollars on a program they keep telling me I need to spend more and get more training because the problems I find they can't fix.  I'm fed up and would gladly remove this program for refunding 1/2 of the money I've spend. For a Christian organization I have trouble understanding the ethics of this company.  I have often found when I have problems with other programs they quickly take over the computer and while I watch fix any problems -- usually it's with their program and the way it installed.  BibleWorks does what it does much better than logos does what it attempts to do.

Pastor V.E. Kirkpatrick

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 11:19 AM

Mr. Vivian E. Kirkpatrick II:
Anyway, the instructions basically tells me to disable by firewall.

Did you disable the firewall? It could be preventing Logos from signing in.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1977
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 11:27 AM

Welcome to the forums. Sorry for your difficulties.  A few things that may be of help to you:

1. You should be able to return the program for a full refund if you have recently purchased it if it frustrates you too much.  I think many of us have had our moments of frustration. There is a steep learning curve to this program.  It certainly is not for everyone.

2. It would help if you could upload your logs to the forum.  To learn how to do that, see instructions at https://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging.  Doing this may attract one of the more technical people on the forum to see if they can spot the reason why the program is not allowing you to connect to Logos.  I assume the program is installed to be able to do this.  If it is not installed, if you cannot get past the installment stage, then someone else here at the forum may pick up on this thread and have an idea.  I would turn off the firewall as that sometimes causes installation problems for several software programs, not just Logos.

I am not an employee of Faithlife.  I am only a user of the program.  Hopefully you will get your issues resolved soon.

Posts 10234
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 11:50 AM

Mr. Vivian E. Kirkpatrick II:
the program can't connect to their own web site.  Anyway, the instructions basically tells me to disable by firewall.  What world do they thing we are living in?

A world where malicious programs are so widespread that antivirus programs / personal firewalls prevent newly installed or changed programs from connecting to the internet - for good reasons. My McAfee e.g. asks me for every new or updated program if I want to allow it for once or for always - i.e. once for Logos and once for the indexer. A small nuisance but it helps to be more protected against the bad stuff out in the world. Other such security solutions may require you to edit a list or whatever. Logos can't do anything about that other than asking you to allow it to work.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 60
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 12:04 PM

I have also found vpn software can interfere with logos connecting.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 2:07 PM

Pastor Kirkpatrick,

As others have mentioned, very sorry you are having issues with the software.  Just to let you know, we are all here to help as much as we can.

I'm not 100% sure what the specifics of your computer are, but I am guessing that you have a Windows PC.  If that is so, please take a look at the screen shot I have below. 

1.  Go into the Control Panel, and click on "Internet Options". 

2.  From there you will see a window that has a tab on the top that says "Security".  Click that tab.

3.  On that tab there is an icon for "Trusted Sites".  Click that.

4.  On that tab there is a button labeled "Sites".  Click that and another pop up window will appear. 

5.  In the space provided type www.logos.com.  Then click the "Add" button.

6.  Click "Close".

7. Click "OK"

Probably a good idea to restart your computer at that point.

Then restart Logos.

Doe that help?

Posts 38
LogosEmployee
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 4:16 PM

We want to do everything we can to get Logos working for you. I will have a member of the CS team contact you now. 

Posts 42
Robyn VH. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 7:26 PM

Yes I purchased my first program two weeks ago ...sales was ringing me all the time then ...a few issues and the customer support is none existent .....and the solution ...spend more money.

Still hoping i will get a response from customer services

Posts 27468
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 7:44 PM

Robyn VH:

Yes I purchased my first program two weeks ago ...sales was ringing me all the time then ...a few issues and the customer support is none existent .....and the solution ...spend more money.

Still hoping i will get a response from customer services

Welcome to the forums,  Robyn. If you give some details regarding your problems we may be able to help. If the solution was "spend more money" it sounds as if part of the problem was not understanding exactly what you bought. Faithlife has an unusual model in that the software is free. What you buy is resources and datasets needed for specific functions.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 38
LogosEmployee
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 10:27 PM

I am sorry to hear about this. I will contact you offline to see how we can assist you better. 

Posts 42
Robyn VH. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 9:12 PM

Hi MJ

I travel alot and have just sat down and spent the afternoon trawling through forums finding my way round ...came across a earlier post of yours that I have marked to follow and seems exceptionally helpful; for training.

Thanks

Posts 146
Peter Lever | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 11:31 PM

It could be that the PC or Laptop is connected to a Local Area Network (LAN) that is behind one or more firewalls at the Church Office, Workplace etc.

It can be quickly validated by having the PC or Laptop connect from a different location like Home, or USB Dongle Based wireless internet connections.

If that works, then the Administrator or someone knowledgeable has to enable the right ports on the firewall at the original location for the program to work. Faithlife can tell what ports to open.

Logos software itself, of Faith-life can typically do very little in this case except have this kind of issues listed for the Help-desk to explain to Customers.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS