Choppy Video When On Air - Not in Preview

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
Ryan Egan | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 19 2015 11:41 AM

Good afternoon!

I'm trying to solve an issue with choppy video on the main output when on air. The video is choppy and the audio lags when I am on-air, however, in preview mode things work just fine.

Also - when I try to "identity monitors" it only shows me the "1" on the application (no-signal) monitor.

I'm using a Kramer PD-815R-PL switcher/scaler and the specs for my machine that's powering proclaim an internal Intel HD graphics card.

Can anyone help me with knowing why I get choppy video when live but not in preview mode? Is the problem that my video horsepower is insufficient to display both at the same time?

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 12:51 PM

What is the main output? A computer monitor, projector or tv?

Posts 10
Ryan Egan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 19 2015 1:05 PM

Projector.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 21 2015 10:44 AM

Ryan Egan:
Is the problem that my video horsepower is insufficient to display both at the same time?

This would be my guess.

Posts 34
Robert William Dekker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2015 7:25 PM

Scott, could you offer advice on what specs a graphics card should have to run Proclaim well? I also have the discrepancy when running video on-air, but I have no lag in preview. 

While you are at it, what specs in general do you have for a PC running Proclaim? Chip? Amount of RAM? 

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 25 2015 9:42 AM

It's difficult to offer advice for what graphics card would be optimal when connected to external devices; things such as splitters, converters, switch boxes, and different output types complicate things.

What is your presentation setup look like hardware wise? If you go On-Air with a single display (not connected to a projector) can you still reproduce the video lag?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS