What is happening with Logos' Pricing?!

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4027
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 23 2015 8:21 PM

With the reduction in the base package discount for academic users, and the hassle you'd have ever trying to sell them, it may be better to be off academic for most.

BUT you're right, some schools have as much as 50% off. Mine does not however.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Platinum & WORDsearch

Posts 248
Patrick Rietveld | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2015 3:22 AM

Not sure if that is really arbitrary. I can imagine that since some institutions require Logos the students get a better discount. Other institutions even don't know that Logos exists, so the students get a lower discount.

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2015 3:32 AM

Some institutions might be also be contributing (subsidies?) to the deal with Logos as an expression of the mutual interest they (from an educational standpoint) and FL (from a business standpoint) have in helping their students acquire and use advanced resource libraries and tools. Or perhaps they have reached a deal that promotes Logos sufficiently (combined with a large student base) that it provides incentive to FL to offer a greater discount.

In other words, I don't think it is arbitrary either, though it may look that way to us when we don't know the terms that define who gets what.

Posts 4027
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2015 6:46 AM

In that case they should give the 6 SBC seminaries a heavier discount to compete with the SBC software (Which we receive a very significant discount on - got an email from a prof who said he could get us around 50% off).

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Platinum & WORDsearch

Posts 53
LogosEmployee
Michael Meiser (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2015 10:33 AM

Michel Pauw:
It still feels a bit arbitrary to me, but at least now I see how it works.

Michel,

I am sorry if the academic discount system feels arbitrary to you. I know that it probably seems that way from the individual student perspective. I assure you that it is not. There are specific criteria that are equally available for all schools to qualify for deeper discounts. However, these are criteria that must be met at the organizational level between the faculty and admins of the school directly with Faithlife.

If you would like to see your school qualify for a deeper discount, please have a representative from the school call or email the Faithlife Academic Team. I hope this helps.

Mike Meiser

Free Logos Tutorials on YouTube: Digital Bible Study Made Easy

Posts 4027
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2015 10:44 AM

Mike Meiser :

Michel Pauw:
It still feels a bit arbitrary to me, but at least now I see how it works.

Michel,

I am sorry if the academic discount system feels arbitrary to you. I know that it probably seems that way from the individual student perspective. I assure you that it is not. There are specific criteria that are equally available for all schools to qualify for deeper discounts. However, these are criteria that must be met at the organizational level between the faculty and admins of the school directly with Faithlife.

If you would like to see your school qualify for a deeper discount, please have a representative from the school call or email the Faithlife Academic Team. I hope this helps.

Mike Meiser

What kind of Criteria must be met?

Posts 53
LogosEmployee
Michael Meiser (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2015 10:55 AM

abondservant:
What kind of Criteria must be met?

Typically this involves either a multiple license purchase made by the school or an active requirement of a Logos base package either for a class or classes. Students then who take these classes qualify for a higher discount since they are "required" to purchase. 

You can visit https://www.logos.com/academic/whylogos for a list of schools that have had or continue to have special discount programs with us.

Mike

Free Logos Tutorials on YouTube: Digital Bible Study Made Easy

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS