New Feature: Before and After (Vol 2)

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 21 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 21160
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2015 11:27 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
We've had Greek pronunciations for quite some time (Logos 3 in 2006?). We added more in Logos 6. We also added English pronunciations to Logos 6. We shipped Hebrew pronunciations off Pre-Pub a few months before Logos 6 shipped, so we didn't include them in Logos 6 (in an effort to protect the investment of everyone who got them through Pre-Pub). They're available from the context menu and various places throughout the app.

Hi Phil - just checking a detail.

I believe the information from the English Pronunciation dataset is not available from the Context menu - you can get Greek there - whereas it is available in Factbook for many entity names. Am I missing something?

Graham 

Posts 1690
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2015 12:18 AM

Graham Criddle:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
We've had Greek pronunciations for quite some time (Logos 3 in 2006?). We added more in Logos 6. We also added English pronunciations to Logos 6. We shipped Hebrew pronunciations off Pre-Pub a few months before Logos 6 shipped, so we didn't include them in Logos 6 (in an effort to protect the investment of everyone who got them through Pre-Pub). They're available from the context menu and various places throughout the app.

Hi Phil - just checking a detail.

I believe the information from the English Pronunciation dataset is not available from the Context menu - you can get Greek there - whereas it is available in Factbook for many entity names. Am I missing something?

Graham 

You're correct. I was generalizing a bit. There's a case in for adding English to the context menu and information panel. Greek and Hebrew are there, but English is only in Factbook, I think.

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS