My library seems to have disappeared!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 2 2015 12:13 AM

Earlier today Logos 6 crashed (Im using the Mac version). Since then I have not been able to restart Logos properly. It says the program is open, the Logos menu appears but no home page or workspace. When I click on the Logos menu all it says is 'Untitled'. 

I am not aware of any update for me today. 

HELP!!! I have sermon to prepare! :) 

Is anyone able to help?

Grace and peace, Mark 

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 2:47 AM

Logs?

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 4:24 AM

I'm not sure how that works but i followed some instructions...

Ive deleted the log because I was advised to do so...how do I show you my logs?

Posts 27687
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 4:39 AM

Please don't ever paste logs into a thread. In the future, follow the instructions found in my signature line. Please edit your previous post if possible.

I <think> your issue is simply "what's been going round."  Did you open Logos from the applications folder? There was a bug which destroyed the dock icon and required that it be rebuilt. If that doesn't work, please manually download the update. Your log says you Haven't updated. It is either old or you haven't updated yet. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 4:40 AM

Why so?

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 4:48 AM

I open from the doc. I deleted that and opened it from the Applications folder...and now I have nothing. It isn't even showing in the activity monitor. 

Can I ask one favour? Please, most of us have no tech skills beyond clicking an icon. Please make it simple for stoopid! ;) 

Posts 27687
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 6:28 AM

Mark Stevens:

Why so?

Since you asked... Big Smile

First, you didn't give us the actual logs needed. Second, having logs in the forum give me carpal tunnel. Third, having logs in the forum make keeping track of the conversation difficult. Lastly, Logs are easier to read and search via dedicated applications for reading logs. 

Posts 27687
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 6:31 AM

Mark Stevens:
I open from the doc. I deleted that and opened it from the Applications folder...and now I have nothing. It isn't even showing in the activity monitor. 

Did you manually download the update as I suggested above? You can find a link in the release notes thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/107008.aspx 

Mark Stevens:
Can I ask one favour? Please, most of us have no tech skills beyond clicking an icon. Please make it simple for stoopid! ;)

I am not qualified to explain what happened... but FL made a necessary change between 6.2 and 6.3 which caused some unwanted side effects. 6.4 clears those up. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS