Possible Bug? - Unable to Highlight in NIDOTTE.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 520
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 2 2015 2:54 AM

Hi,

Not sure if it is a bug or only my computer, but I am unable to highlight passages in the NIDOTTE (New International Dictionary of Old Testament and Exegesis). As far as I can determine, highlighting works fine in other resources.

Thanks

Posts 11643
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 3:04 AM

Sarel Slabbert:

Not sure if it is a bug or only my computer, but I am unable to highlight passages in the NIDOTTE (New International Dictionary of Old Testament and Exegesis). As far as I can determine, highlighting works fine in other resources.

I think you should check the Visual Filter menu, since it might be that the highlight filter got turned off as default for this resource during an update (happened to me in a bible and also to other forum users)

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 520
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 5:20 AM

NB.Mick:

Sarel Slabbert:

I think you should check the Visual Filter menu, since it might be that the highlight filter got turned off as default for this resource during an update (happened to me in a bible and also to other forum users)

Thanks for the reply. I checked but it does not appear to be the Visual Filter. I also found that I am unable to highlight in Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon (HAL). Also checked the visual filters in HAL. Not sure why this is.

Posts 11643
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 5:50 AM

How exactly do you highlight - with a keyboard shortcut (like Y for Yellow, O for Orange) or with the highlighting palette menu open to the left? Could you share a screenshot, video and/or logs? But it's difficult to support something like this from remote if one doesn't have an idea what could be the issue.

Maybe a Logos technician can log on to your machine and look from remote. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 520
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 6:52 AM

NB.Mick:

How exactly do you highlight - with a keyboard shortcut (like Y for Yellow, O for Orange) or with the highlighting palette menu open to the left? Could you share a screenshot, video and/or logs? But it's difficult to support something like this from remote if one doesn't have an idea what could be the issue.

Maybe a Logos technician can log on to your machine and look from remote. 

Thanks, I finally managed. My highlights was linked to a specific note file (which was not selected under the Notes Option in Visual Filter). I only now learned that Highlights are only linked to note files. See here for more detail

At least it is sorted

Posts 26
tab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 11:00 PM

Sarel Slabbert:
I only now learned that Highlights are only linked to note files. See here for more detail

Not only that but you can dictate what note documents your highlights attach to on a pallet to pallet basis!

https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_6.4

Highlighting

Added the option to save Highlights in Resource-specific notes files. This allows you to view all highlights on a particular resource in one Note, regardless of style used.

• This can be enabled individually for any palette from the options menu on the right side of the palette header, under “Save in:”.
  • To save highlights using the old method, select “Palette-specific notes file”.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS