IPAD READER TECHNOLOGY ideas PLEASE for logos4mac/ipad/iphone

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 30 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
Geary Williams | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 29 2010 9:51 AM

Ok,    Logos4MAC/PAD/IPHONE   can jump way out into the future if the development team can take our logos library and be able to open it in IPAD's bookstore/ reading platform......It's some amazing technology!   No,  I don't work for apple or support their world philosophy.  I also don't think the ipad is all that and a box a chocolates.  I do however think the way their reading software allows you to turn the pages in a book is simply awesome....take a look at ipad's video especially the reading formatt....I hope LOGOS4MAC  team adapts their technology or allows us to view our library on the ipad/ reading platform.......I'm definitely not a software writer so this may be impossible.........I'm just saying ipad's format is amazing.......Blessings and thank you for working hard MAC team at logos!!!!

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 9:55 AM

I have rightly been labeled an apple fanboy, but I would really like to actually see this thing released before we start begging for development for it. BTW, I the same argument goes for those have have dismissed it as not being as good as their current solution. Both sides are making judgements based on a video, which to me just doesn't make sense.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 12:33 PM

I would like to see L4 Mac Done before a iPad compatible version. Wink

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 1:24 PM

John Kight:
Apples and Oranges (no pun intended).  There are two different development teams for iPhone and Mac.  Also keep in mind no one even knows if Logos will do a redesign of their iPhone app.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 10810
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 1:27 PM

John Kight:

Absolutely. Let Logos complete one project before we agitate for them to begin another.

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 1:28 PM

Joe Miller:
Also keep in mind no one even knows if Logos will do a redesign of their iPhone app.

Untrue:

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 1:29 PM

Jack Caviness:
Let Logos complete one project before we agitate for them to begin another.

Except the iPad version, at least initially, is probably just a variation on the iPhone version. I could see distinct features showing up over time, but probably not at first.

Posts 10810
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 1:33 PM

Chris Roberts:

Jack Caviness:
Let Logos complete one project before we agitate for them to begin another.

Except the iPad version, at least initially, is probably just a variation on the iPhone version. I could see distinct features showing up over time, but probably not at first.

You are correct. According to Apple's webpage, any app that runs on the iPhone will also run on the iPad. I may have misunderstood, but I think the OP was asking for something more.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 1:34 PM

Chris Roberts:

Joe Miller:
Also keep in mind no one even knows if Logos will do a redesign of their iPhone app.

Untrue:

Thanks Chris for the info.  I missed that tweet.  From what I have read (and that is not a lot) game developers seem to think it is a minor update to make their iPhone apps work on the iPad.  I don't know if the same applies to Logos app though, but I find it hard to think there is much difference other than new image scaling, button redesign, etc.. to fit the new screen size.

Posts 2
Brian Beneda | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 1:39 PM

Let me qualify my post in advance:  I am a fan of Apple products but I am not a "fanboy".  That said, if there was ever a killer app for the iPad, Logos 4 is it!  The iPad was designed for an "intimacy of experience" unlike what can be achieved with a laptop or desktop computer.  For Bible study specifically, I have a hard time reading devotionally on a computer.  I have an extensive Logos library but many of my resources I also have in hardcopy form for when I want to just read and ponder.  When I am in the Bible, there are many times my devotional time turns into study and my scholarly study turns into devotional reading or doxology.  Having a touch interface on Logos 4 and being able to use it in this kind of form factor would do wonders for my Bible time!  To be clear, I don't want a scaled up version of the iPhone interface.  I want a touch version of Logos 4 with some of the of intimacy of what Apple showed with their ibook reader.  Given something like that, I would buy an iPad just for Bible study.  I would be willing to pay extra for an iPad app like this.  I would not be as willing to pay extra for a simple reader.  

(As an aside, some thought also needs to be giving to better synchronizing across iPhone, iPad and PC.  If I am in the middle of a study on my PC, I would like for those same resources to be available with the books open in the same places with a similar screen layout and linking configuration on the other devices.  That way I could just get up from the desk and go and still be able to continue the study on the road.)  

Thinking bigger picture, I have been wondering about Logos' positioning as a company in the midst of the rush to electronic publications.  I am highly dependent upon Logos commercial success.  I would like to see some moves toward making Logos THE app, THE store and THE company of record when it comes to Biblical publications.  Bob, what is your vision for Logos' value prop in the midst of Amazon/Kindle, Apple/iBookstore, and B&N/Nook, etc... ?  How are you executing that vision?  How are you working with publishers to secure a future in this environment?  

Best, 
Brian 

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 2:08 PM

Thanks for sharing this great news! I figured this would indeed be the case but it's good to see it in print.

Christina

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 8:19 PM

Anyone see this: Logos   

Secret sneak peek of @Logos Bible Software on the iPad http://tweetphoto.com/9926972

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 12:02 AM

Looks cool!

Posts 118
Andrew Chuter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 4:54 AM

Does anyone know whether it will be possible to download and then access logos library on IPAD independently of internet (once downloaded) or will it only be accessible at any moment via a live internet connection?

Andrew 

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 8:01 AM

Andrew,

Pretty sure it will work like the iPhone version. Only downloaded resources will be accessible offline. Since the iPad is a more competent device for software such as Logos, I could see them adding more features to the iPad version in the future.

I'd love to see some sort of notes integrated in. Since the iPad cannot multitask (yet? I hope!) it would be clunky to use Logos for study. Work in Logos; switch and start Pages, type notes; switch and start Logos again, navigate back to workplace, continue study... (this example is a reminder of the need for the Logos app to remember where a user was when the program last closed). Integrated notes in the iPad version would make study in the app a real possibility and asset.

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 8:22 AM

Well, if Apple doesn't give us multi-tasking, I'm sure the iphone hackers will find a way to jailbreak the iPad and give us the ability to multitask thru a 3rd party add-on.  They did it for the iphone/itouch

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 8:32 AM

MichaelKares:
Well, if Apple doesn't give us multi-tasking, I'm sure the iphone hackers will find a way to jailbreak the iPad and give us the ability to multitask thru a 3rd party add-on.  They did it for the iphone/itouch

One would have to be willing to jailbreak their device. I wasn't for the iPhone, I won't be for the iPad, and I'm sure Logos development will keep in mind that most users won't want to jailbreak.

Posts 3
Charles A Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 10:31 AM

Thanks for the sneak peak.  I'm looking forward to using Logos on an iPad but the priority for me is still getting it working on my MacBook Pro.  Mahalo.

Posts 456
Roger Feenstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 6:35 PM

Jack Caviness:
Absolutely. Let Logos complete one project before we agitate for them to begin another.

Unfortunately, that is not the way it works anymore.  Companies need to keep moving forward, multi-tasking and innovating to keep up with the technology. 

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Posts 97
Tom Gindrup | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 10:27 AM

I'm curious if the same limitations (number of books available) will be the same.  My assumption is it would, I've got a ton of books on L4 that's not available on my iPhone... waiting patiently.

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS