IPAD READER TECHNOLOGY ideas PLEASE for logos4mac/ipad/iphone

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 1:32 PM

TomGindrup:

I'm curious if the same limitations (number of books available) will be the same.  My assumption is it would, I've got a ton of books on L4 that's not available on my iPhone... waiting patiently.

The number of books is not a limitation of the iPhone platform, but a licensing issue. So you are correct.

Posts 88
Rus Howard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 2:19 PM

Chris, if Apple is correct and iPhone apps will work on iPad, then you should be able to set up books to read off-line on your iPad since you can do this on iPhone.

Rus

Posts 28
Jason Prince | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 12:09 AM

I really hope I can have the bible and a commentary open at the same time. 

Glad its happening

Posts 2753
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 12:56 AM

TomGindrup:

I'm curious if the same limitations (number of books available) will be the same.  

I cant see it being any different to the iphone list

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 4
Dave Hairs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 11:00 PM

Jason Prince:

I'm with Jason - this feature alone would be enough to make me get an iPad. I like a lot of its other features but the iPhone app doesn't quite have enough to allow me to use it for my daily study. It's a great reference tool but, for what I want, not quite there for study.

While I would love a full Logos4 experience on iPad, I think there is a middle ground that could be provided much more easily that would give enough.

After all, Apple themselves have said the iPad is a middle ground between iPhone and Mac. Time will tell whether the masses need that middle ground but, in the case, of Logos, I would love to have it.

Dave

Posts 184
lostlogik | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 11:40 PM

Jason Prince:

That is one of the things I like about OliveTree's BibleReader app; the split screen view. They implement it very well, such that two books open on the iPhone work and keep in sync. On the iPad, with that much more screen, it would be so good to have two books open together.

Posts 22
Peter Jonas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2010 5:54 AM

Brian makes some excellent points.  I too continue to use my print Bible when I read devotionally or when  I'm reading more intimately.  If If Logos does the ipad right in a way that allows it to adapt to the physicality of how people read the Bible, it could lead to a lot of us to use it more.  

An additional thought I have is how cool it would be to have Logos incorporate the daily rcl lectionary as part of the ribbon. If that were on the ipad, you could take it wherever you said your prayers. I would pray with that for sure.

Peter Jonas

Posts 128
Nathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 6 2010 1:07 AM

IPAD=Dead Dog, glorified Ipod Touch, awkward bigger thingy that can't run osx apps.

IPHONE=Beautiful, totally transportable, multipurpose gadget that fits on my belt, runs a gazillion useful apps that just work, my fav book reader when I'm standing in line waiting at the bank.

MACBOOK=Totally cool, virus free, simple computer that NEEDS a wonderful FAST L4 (yesterday) so I don't have to run a VM which creates an audible sucking noise while draining battery.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 6 2010 6:29 AM

Nathan Barnes:

IPAD=Dead Dog, glorified Ipod Touch, awkward bigger thingy that can't run osx apps.

Observation: dead dogs usually don't hunt, but anticipating millions of iPad sales.  While not able to run OS X apps, able to run 140,000 iPhone apps is helpful, especially "gazillion useful apps that just work" Wink  Looking carefully at iPad demonstrations by many people in keynote presentation, iPad looks easy to handle while being intuitive to use.  Apple's iWork suite for iPad showed tremendous potential for larger screen interaction.

Dreaming: multi-touch interface for iMac's - would like to interact with OS X apps in similar way.

Observation: Windows 7 includes multi-touch gestures for tablet computers (laptop computers with rotating screens).

By the way, for over 3 decades have watched many people reach out to computer screens - point stuff out, often wishing to touch their work.  Many monitors are covered with lots of fingerprints.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 33
Rom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 6 2010 7:32 AM

I cannot wait for my iPad. I'd love to do my reading on an iPad rather than my Macbook Pro. I cannot wait to take my iPad to the studies I lead. Reference material, slide shows, video presentations, all of that can be put together for my intimate (~ 10 person) studies and shown to the attendees. It is going to change the way I run those.

I am in awe, just thinking of the potential. God has blessed us with some mighty tools to spread the Word!

Posts 128
Nathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 6 2010 9:51 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Dreaming: multi-touch interface for iMac's - would like to interact with OS X apps in similar way.

Yup I agree, put a touchscreen on a macbook, running a SCREAMING FAST L4.

Whats going to happen first?  Touchscreen on macbook or SCREAMING FAST L4?

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS