Logos 6 will not open

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
Steve Walters | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 2 2015 10:22 PM

I have tried to open from the icon and from the applications folder.  I've tried shutting down and restarting.  

This has happened three times in the last four days.

Posts 26
tab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 10:52 PM

Try deleting the application file and download a fresh copy from www.logos.com/install.

Posts 29267
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 5:53 AM

Welcome to the forums Steve! Sorry you are having troubles. Tongue Tied

Steve Walters:

I have tried to open from the icon and from the applications folder.  I've tried shutting down and restarting.  

You haven't given us much info to go on... I do know of a bug on Mac... Are you on Mac? I concur with the other user... you should download and install the new engine manually. If that doesn't work, let us know. When you do so, please provide more details, including logs. Instructions can be found in my signature line.

Steve Walters:
This has happened three times in the last four days.

Don't wait so long! That's what the forums are for. Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2
Thad Huff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 7:33 PM

Even a reinstall didn't work for me.  What do I do...now our printing is going to be jacked as my deadline was NOW!  Says it did an update yesterday, which must be bad. 6.4.0.58 on a Mac Book Pro 2013 running latest update from Apple.

Posts 29267
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 7:37 PM

Thad Huff:

Even a reinstall didn't work for me.  What do I do...now our printing is going to be jacked as my deadline was NOW!  Says it did an update yesterday, which must be bad. 6.4.0.58 on a Mac Book Pro 2013 running latest update from Apple.

Welcome! Sorry you are having troubles. Tongue Tied

I am afraid that I don't know what your problem is... could you please create a new thread and explain your issue clearly? If you are getting a crash, please provide logs (see my signature line for instructions).

Posts 2
Thad Huff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 10:49 PM

got it on try #2

Posts 27
Brandon Early | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2015 9:08 AM

Same. Logos 6 Mac had a crash screen this morning. I closed the window and tried to reopen. The app is unresponsive when clicked (trying to start the app). 

Posts 29267
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2015 9:27 AM

Brandon Early:

Same. Logos 6 Mac had a crash screen this morning. I closed the window and tried to reopen. The app is unresponsive when clicked (trying to start the app). 

Welcome! Sorry you are having troubles. Tongue Tied

If downloading and installing the updated engine manually doesn't work, you will need to create a new thread, clearly explaining your issue. You may need to provide logs as well (see my signature line).

Posts 86
Scott Fillmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2015 2:40 PM

I'm having the same issue... woke up this morning and there was a crash report on my screen, now the app won't open at all. I'm on a Mac OS-X 10.10.4. Only problem seems to be on my Macbook Pro, no issues with my iPad or iPhone versions, but nothing I have tried has worked. Was hoping not to have to reinstall the whole thing as I have a ton of data stored that will take forever to re-sync. I've also tried clearing up HDD space, no go. Thanks. Scott

Posts 29267
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2015 3:16 PM

Scott Fillmer:
Was hoping not to have to reinstall the whole thing as I have a ton of data stored that will take forever to re-sync.

Installing (or reinstalling) the engine will not interrupt your other data files... those are stored separately. Please download and install the updated engine and see if that fixes your issue. If not, please create a new thread, post logs (see my signature line), and explain the issue clearly while providing appropriate details.

Scott Fillmer:
I've also tried clearing up HDD space, no go.

If the above doesn't work, you might want to explain in the new thread why you were clearing up hard drive space. You should have plenty(!) of free space, not only for Logos, but for the health and performance of your computer.

Posts 86
Scott Fillmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2015 5:19 PM

Thanks, reinstalling worked. 

As for the hard disk space, I agree, but I'm on the newest MBP and since they have all gone with flash memory it's pretty easy to fill up 128G pretty quick. I wish the Logos library files could be accessed via the cloud like they are on the iPad and iPhone, that would help.

Thanks again. Scott

Posts 29267
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2015 6:05 PM

Scott Fillmer:
it's pretty easy to fill up 128G pretty quick

I agree! For most users, I believe 250GB should be a minimum sized drive. 

Scott Fillmer:
I wish the Logos library files could be accessed via the cloud like they are on the iPad and iPhone, that would help.

Logos is moving that way as a secondary option... with "Logos Now" and the web app. At the point, FL has no intentions of doing the same for the desktop app.

Posts 1
Dan Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 14 2016 6:31 PM

How do you delete the application file? Is that the same as uninstalling the software? cheers.

Posts 29267
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 14 2016 6:36 PM

Dan Headley:

How do you delete the application file? Is that the same as uninstalling the software? cheers.

Welcome! Sorry for your troubles. Tongue Tied

It would be best for you to create a new thread, explain the problem and provide appropriate details (I.e. What platform? What version?)

when troubleshooting, you shouldn't take someone else's medicine. 

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS