Logos Lesson Builder

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3229
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 4 2015 8:41 AM

Can I still get the key to install my Lesson Builder- I have the CD's but did not record the activation key for it on the envelope. I want to say it is from some where between 1998- 2001.

Posts 10728
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2015 9:50 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

Can I still get the key to install my Lesson Builder- I have the CD's but did not record the activation key for it on the envelope. I want to say it is from some where between 1998- 2001.

If they are Logos 2.0 there may not even be a key. One way to get them into L4+ was to install Logos 2, then upgrade that install to Libronix / Logos 3 and sync the license. I'm not sure whether the license server that served Libronix is still active (don't have Libronix running anymore).

On the other hand, I heard that customer service will activate such licenses if you have proof of legitimate purchase. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 3229
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2015 9:53 AM

Yes in my purchase history

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2015 7:07 PM

NB.Mick:
If they are Logos 2.0 there may not even be a key. One way to get them into L4+ was to install Logos 2, then upgrade that install to Libronix / Logos 3 and sync the license

This was a "stand alone" product.

[Whyndell wrote] "I want to say it is from some where between 1998- 2001."

That is correct. But it was not integrated into any of the Logos 1, 2 or Libronix versions. I still use mine on an old XP [non on-line] tower.

[Whyndell: ]Yes in my purchase history

WELL Done!

Regards, SteveF

Posts 238
Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 11:41 AM
Whyndell Grizzard:

I'm wondering which version of the Logos Lesson Builder you have? My copy (which dates back to the 90s) does not have an activation key. And, if I remember correctly none of the Logos materials from back then which were in included in the old Logos Library System had activation keys. I no longer run a copy of Windows on our church computer (Mac only) so I can't verify if the Lesson Builder program still works. In Christ, Charles

2017 27" iMac 5K, Mojave, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iOS 12.0, Catalina beta, iPadOS Beta  

Posts 3229
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 11:50 AM

I'll try to install it with Libronix- i'm in transit back to Texas at the moment.

Posts 5
Jeremy Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2015 12:08 PM

The additional unlocks of the offered study material was an additional unlock that was held in your Logos 2.0 book unlock file. if you kept a copy of your Logos 2;0 license backup file (assuming you unlocked additional books) you would probably need a Logos 2.0 installation so you could use the unlock license.

Posts 1
Dan Appel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2017 12:13 PM

I have the 1997 edition of Lesson Builder  Was going through my CDs/DVDs yesterday and purging what I no longer needed.  Came across Lesson Builder and was excited to be able to use it.  When I try to load it, it ways that it won't even run on my Windows 10 Windows computer.  Is there any work around anyone knows of?

Posts 238
Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2017 5:48 PM

Dan Appel:

I have the 1997 edition of Lesson Builder  Was going through my CDs/DVDs yesterday and purging what I no longer needed.  Came across Lesson Builder and was excited to be able to use it.  When I try to load it, it ways that it won't even run on my Windows 10 Windows computer.  Is there any work around anyone knows of?

I have that same edition and seemed to remember the last time I ran it was on a Windows 2000 system. The Lesson Builder program is a 16 bit Windows program that will not run on anything after Windows XP. (I'm not even sure it will run on XP.)  We run nothing but a Mac now at our ministry so I can no longer test the program. I may someday load virtual machine software on the Mac and see if I can install an older copy of Windows that we still have laying around.  We have lots of older Logos Library System software including the Lesson Builder.  You might try virtual machine software (VMWare Fusion) to see if you can get it to run that way.  However, I'm not sure of the legality of running an older version of Windows from Windows 10.

In Christ, Charles 

2017 27" iMac 5K, Mojave, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iOS 12.0, Catalina beta, iPadOS Beta  

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 3 2017 7:20 AM

I was able to get mine to run on Windows 7 BUT I may have had to use an extra "patch" ?

Sorry not to have more info.

All the best.

Regards, SteveF

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS