Shout-Out to Logos

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 67
Jeff Hetrick | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 30 2010 8:43 AM

I just want to say that I have been using Logos 4 for about a week now.  I mean no offense to Logos v3 but, wow!  Logos 4, for my needs is finally what I need in a bible study library.  Except for it being slow at some functions (not enough to be a deal breaker and imporvement expected over time) I am impressed for many reasons but for one very important reason.  IT WORKS!  Oh! hasn't someone already said that?  It works well.  I am now able to navigate around without getting lost and have very productive study sessions.  Very productive!  THANKS LOGOS!  I own the latest versions of WordSEARCH (which is awesome) and PC STUDY BIBLE (which is great too) but Logos 4 has taken the prefered library spot away from WordSEARCH (now running WordSEARCH 9).   Thanks again Logos.   

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 9:46 AM

Jeff Hetrick:
IT WORKS!  Oh! hasn't someone already said that?  It works well.  I am now able to navigate around without getting lost and have very productive study sessions.  Very productive! 
I share in that experience!!!

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 771
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 10:25 AM

Jeff -

Same here. I was in the beta program, so it was a little bumpier at first. After about two weeks, I took off the training wheels and deleted V3 from my main study computer. About a week later, it came off my home computer.

I have never wished I had V3 to fall back on again.

I am looking forward to the planned improvements, but Logos; you did an outstanding job and it keeps getting better! Now give some love to my Mac brothers like Joe. Smile They are being patient with that Alpha and all.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 3747
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 10:54 AM

Jerry Bush:
I have never wished I had V3 to fall back on again.

Wish I could say the same, but I've kept L3 for 2 main reasons: access to 600 PBBs & Smart Tags. And there's a bonus. With L3 as my "backup" system, I freely participate in ongoing beta activity without fear that I'll lose ability to do my work.

Jerry Bush:
Logos; you did an outstanding job and it keeps getting better!

Amen! I'm drawn to L4, each time... I'm still exploring its richness, & the richness of the library it enables me to explore.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 81
Daniel R. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 1:12 PM

Amen.

Though I also keep L3 for a few reasons: Sentence diagramming and existing notes & highlighting.

Also, I wonder what other things that L4 will look to import from L3 as it develops. Still, I rarely use L3.

That being said, I still enjoy L3! If L4 never came along, I would have been happy. If my budget wouldn't allow for a new PC to push L4, I would still be happy, (well, truthfully, I would still be thinking about L4!)

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

Posts 1565
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 1:36 PM

Jeff - I echo your shout-out to Logos!

Daniel - Import of L3 notes, highlighting, etc are currently in 4.0b beta... should be coming soon!

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 2:25 PM

I also now favor L4. The one thing I miss is the smart-quotes...where when working in a word document I could type in the reference and then past the verse. L4 doesn't have that capacity (that i know of). Thus, when I am working on a document and type in a passage, it has to open up L3 to do the job.  I'm looking forward to seeing L4 develop and become THE premier Bible software program.

Posts 41
David Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 3:29 PM

Rosie Perera:
Hear, hear! Yes

There, There!

Posts 19310
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 5:21 PM

Steven L. Spencer:

The one thing I miss is the smart-quotes...where when working in a word document I could type in the reference and then past the verse. L4 doesn't have that capacity (that i know of). Thus, when I am working on a document and type in a passage, it has to open up L3 to do the job.

This functionality is here in 4.0b (in beta testing)! I don't know what you mean by "smart-quotes" in L3, but with 4.0b you can be typing in Word, press Ctrl+Alt+B to bring up the Copy Bible Verses tool, type in a reference, press Alt+P to paste it into Word, Alt+Tab back to Word, and continue typing. I wish it were slightly fewer keystrokes (e.g., that Word would come back into focus as soon as you press Alt+P so you can keep on typing without having to switch the focus back to Word first), but I suppose Logos can't assume you are completely done with Copy Bible Verses; you might still want to copy another verse before returning to what you were doing. Also, I'm not sure if they can tell from within CBV whether you brought it up from Word or from within Logos, so relinquishing the focus after it's done might not necessarily be the easiest or best thing to do.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS